Heat Exchanger Pics

bomrrman84

Established Member
i'm putting my Afco dual pass on shortly, but i haven't decided what route i want to go as far as stenciling a logo on it. you guys mind sharing so i can get a feel for which one i go with? kinda on the fence, thinking i mighht go the "TERMINATOR" route, alot of folks have SVT on thiers which i like too. car is silver.

NewDuuude

Established Member
Sprayed my stocker

FB74E567_zps5b58b91b.jpg

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
AFCO dual pass h/e painted black. I think the silver stands out too much. I like the more stealth look of the black - that's why I painted mine.

FD26510F-C2F2-4318-9BB4-3ED55F918649-250-000000308134D31E_zps2822494e.gif

Jroc

Established Member
Here's my LFP DP H/E right after I got it installed. This is 11/08, and is pre-tint, pre-3/8 wheelspacers, pre-shorty antenna, pre-new lip spoiler, etc so the car got even better looking still.

2zqtqma.jpg

r1c680.jpg

cj428mach

Established Member
AFCO dual pass h/e painted black. I think the silver stands out too much. I like the more stealth look of the black - that's why I painted mine.

FD26510F-C2F2-4318-9BB4-3ED55F918649-250-000000308134D31E_zps2822494e.gif

Why are you replacing yours? Is there anything to gain powerwise on these things?

Jroc

Established Member
Why are you replacing yours? Is there anything to gain powerwise on these things?

IMO there is no good reason to replace the H/E on either a L or Terminator other than cosmetics,(or replacing one that got broken) and seeing as you can't see a L's H/E do to the lower grill there is no good reason to upgrade it. Maybe if you RR or something where you're constantly boosting it at high speeds you might see some cooling benefits, but otherwise no. A big aftermarket H/E does look nice on a Terminator though.

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
here is my old set up...AFCO dual pass
End98.jpg

I since changed it to a gords unit becuase I never thought the AFCO unit fit properly and it looks better
photo.php

cj428mach

Established Member
IMO there is no good reason to replace the H/E on either a L or Terminator other than cosmetics,(or replacing one that got broken) and seeing as you can't see a L's H/E do to the lower grill there is no good reason to upgrade it. Maybe if you RR or something where you're constantly boosting it at high speeds you might see some cooling benefits, but otherwise no. A big aftermarket H/E does look nice on a Terminator though.

Ok thanks. I realize if you can get more cooling its going to make more power, but I've never seen anyone doing any tests to show it does make a power difference. My car had the original replaced by the previous owner thanks to a rock destroying it so mine looks all pretty and nice. I was just wondering if there would be any reason to look into a different setup.

SpectorV

Established Member
regardless what you do, dont put the front bumper on (take it off for install due to following) just hook it up in its spot and cycle the pump. Then move the H/E side to side up and down etc to get all the air out of the system. Wait a bit and test it again if it pumps then bolt it all up.

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
I'm running the Afco pro series H/E with Redline Water Wetter & LFP I/C tank... Definitely noticed cooler temps on the Aeroforce gauge.
azuhube4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread