Hear that? Thats the sound of Seattle businesses leaving.....

VenomVeins

Established Member
Seattle approves business tax for homelessness

"Seattle approves BUSINESS TAX for Homelessness"

"Seattle leaders on Monday unanimously approved a tax on large businesses such as Amazon and Starbucks to fund the fight against homelessness after weeks of heated debate and raucous hearings.

The City Council backed a compromise plan that will charge large businesses about $275 per full-time worker each year, lower than the $500 per worker initially proposed. The so-called head tax would raise about $48 million a year to pay for affordable housing and homeless services."

This was too insane to just leave in the politics section.

Not even Kali is crazy enough to try some shit like this. Unreal.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
What you talking about, CA charges almost a dollar on every gallon of gas under the guise that it does the same exact thing state and local taxes should already be doing. Pretty sure theyll do this next and go "Why didnt we think of that?"

The above is stupid, you cant fight homelessness by throwing money at the problem. Most these homeless are drug riddled addicts and tweakers, not people that might have made a mistake or two in their life and ended up without a home to go to.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
What you talking about, CA charges almost a dollar on every gallon of gas under the guise that it does the same exact thing state and local taxes should already be doing. Pretty sure theyll do this next and go "Why didnt we think of that?"

The above is stupid, you cant fight homelessness by throwing money at the problem. Most these homeless are drug riddled addicts and tweakers, not people that might have made a mistake or two in their life and ended up without a home to go to.

Many are also mentally ill, which is why they are addicted to drugs in the first place. How does taxing businesses pay for treatment for the mentally ill homeless? Not sure!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Many are also mentally ill, which is why they are addicted to drugs in the first place.

I think its the other way around tbh, based on what I've seen. Addiction leads to the these things. Then they start injecting, snorting or smoking the worst, most skewed versions of all these drugs or substances because they need the fix, and fry their brains.

tistan

Established Member
I don't understand how a tax that doesn't tax property or profit is legal. I hope business fights this. Counties everywhere has to be looking to see how this goes.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
You guys ought to see this close-up. I have a few customers down in the industrial area of Seattle and the homeless are everywhere. Normally you'd think that homeless people might be in an area that is a little warmer especially during the winter. Not the case here. Seattle has welcomed the homeless and all their problems. Giving them "safe spaces" to inject and get high. This just leads to more looneys flocking to the area. This has all been created by liberal leadership. Now, they want the rich corporations to give them more money to dig them out of this hole they have dug. Quite honestly, I hope Seattle turns into a ghost town. Quite sad, because I love this state, but liberal policies are killing everything here.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Seems to be well received so far...

EDiSQbu.png

Mass exodus by the last remaining seattle Conservatives in 3.....2.....1....

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I hope they all leave so we can bring things down a notch and maybe it will become affordable again. I'm actually looking to leave the state in the next few years because it is getting so bad. I would bet money that in my demographic, it is the hardest place to live in the country based on how far finances go. But you know, it's really cool that they are just gonna give money to people who do drugs and don't work yet won't give me a tax relief or won't do anything to effectively reduce the cost of living.

VenomVeins

Established Member

Not so fast. There has been a shit ton of backlash from many SoCal cities in regards to Libs in office up in NoCal ****ing everything up. Los Angeles is the only shithole that is mostly Blue here. The rest of the cities are all Red.

And after the mass voter fraud for the presidential races that was uncovered here, and the tons of ICE raids going on all over the state, I wouldnt be shocked to see a Republican Governor voted in for the coming elections.

This type of bullshit just makes me hate dems/libtards more, if that is even possible.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I'm still trying to figure out why people think businesses have a responsibility to the cities they operate in.

I understand that they should pay city and state taxes. That's plain Jane, no nonsense common sense.

But now they want to start taking more money from companies to fix a sociocultural issue that has nothing to do with them? I'm not quite sure how that makes sense. They are providing jobs, tax revenue, and infrastructure benefits to the city they reside. Now they have to take responsibility for the homeless population too?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm still trying to figure out why people think businesses have a responsibility to the cities they operate in.

I understand that they should pay city and state taxes. That's plain Jane, no nonsense common sense.

But now they want to start taking more money from companies to fix a sociocultural issue that has nothing to do with them? I'm not quite sure how that makes sense. They are providing jobs, tax revenue, and infrastructure benefits to the city they reside. Now they have to take responsibility for the homeless population too?

Don't try to make sense of liberal thinking, you'll just go insane yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread