Health insurance bs!!!

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
So I've been having some chest pain again recently. The doctor has me getting some tests to see whats going on, etc....yesterday I am having an echocardiagram and the tech says "I see a wall in your heart fluttering and I'm going to get the nurse to hook you up to an IV and inject a dye into your bloodstream. There might be a hole in the wall of your heart and we'll see it with the dye."

I say okay, do what you need to do. Next thing a nurse comes in with the IV setup and the dye to inject into the IV once it's in. Then another person comes in (Radiologist???) 30 minutes later and says "Everythings all right, we don't need to inject you with the dye, ewverything is fine." So I am a little relieved, but I'm wondering what just went down. I knew I had a prescription for an echocardiagram without dye, but I guess they figured I was there, lets do it. Then I wonder if they decided not to do it because I didn't have the script for a "with dye" proceedure and they didn't want to go ahead because of it.

Well today I get a call from the cardiologist that they want me to go AGAIN to have an echocardiagram, this time with dye!!! Un****ing beleivable!!!! All they had to do was do it yesterday when I was already there!!! But nooooo!!!! They want to get paid to do it twice and could give a shit less about my health or my time!!! We'll I went again today, taking more time from work, because they couldn't do what they had started to do yesterday. I'm told that I do not in fact have a hole; there is some concern about the fluttering of the wall but they say it's not an issue that is to be worried about immediately. I'm just so pissed that they started to do the right thing yesterday, only to stop and lie to me telling me it's okay. As much as it would've annoyed me yesterday to hear the truth, that they would not do the dye proceedure because of my not having a prescription and authorization for it, I really woul've preferred it. Now I get a blood pressure rising call that I need to go back today, for what they would;ve done yesterday. ****ING ASSHOLE INSURANCE COMPANY AND THE SHIT THAT THEY CAUSE US ALL IS JUST BULL SHIT!!! Rant over.

Last edited:

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Sorry to here about your hassle and glad to hear your heart is ok but, how does this fit into roadkill drive through.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
So I've been having some chest pain again recently. The doctor has me getting some tests to see whats going on, etc....yesterday I am having an echocardiagram and the tech says "I see a wall in your heart fluttering and I'm going to get the nurse to hook you up to an IV and inject a dye into your bloodstream. There might be a hole in the wall of your heart and we'll see it with the dye."

I say okay, do what you need to do. Next thing a nurse comes in with the IV setup and the dye to inject into the IV once it's in. Then another person comes in (Radiologist???) 30 minutes later and says "Everythings all right, we don't need to inject you with the dye, ewverything is fine." So I am a little relieved, but I'm wondering what just went down. I knew I had a prescription for an echocardiagram without dye, but I guess they figured I was there, lets do it. Then I wonder if they decided not to do it because I didn't have the script for a "with dye" proceedure and they didn't want to go ahead because of it.

Well today I get a call from the cardiologist that they want me to go AGAIN to have an echocardiagram, this time with dye!!! Un****ing beleivable!!!! All they had to do was do it yesterday when I was already there!!! But nooooo!!!! They want to get paid to do it twice and could give a shit less about my health or my time!!! We'll I went again today, and on my way to get it done I killed a '13 5.0 with a 14 gigawatt flux capactor and triple turbos compound boosted with a 4.0 Whipple, all with my '12 geo metro eggbeater 3 cylinder. The guy in the 5.0 had a heart attack so I gave him my spot at the doctors!!! taking more time from work, because they couldn't do what they had started to do yesterday. I'm told that I do not in fact have a hole; there is some concern about the fluttering of the wall but they say it's not an issue that is to be worried about immediately. I'm just so pissed that they started to do the right thing yesterday, only to stop and lie to me telling me it's okay. As much as it would've annoyed me yesterday to hear the truth, that they would not do the dye proceedure because of my not having a prescription and authorization for it, I really woul've preferred it. Now I get a blood pressure rising call that I need to go back today, for what they would;ve done yesterday. ****ING ASSHOLE INSURANCE COMPANY AND THE SHIT THAT THEY CAUSE US ALL IS JUST BULL SHIT!!! Rant over.

THERE I FIXED IT!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon::beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
5.0 wasn't racing..you never had him, you never had your car!

Stinger2011

Established Member
That's how they make their money. They got my dad like that multiple times, squeezing everything they could out of him while doing basically nothing to help him.

Poppacapp

Established Member
The dye procedure cost probably added another $2000 to the bill, and if they would have done it without prior insurance approval, they may have been denied and not been paid by the insurance company. But yeah, I agree with you that it is BS.

Tubra

Established Member
Well on a related note in January I had pneumonia, I was in severe pain and was driving myself to the hospital. On the highway a charger r/t decided to challenge me. I roasted him and I flew off to the er. Not even a bad illness can stop the fun.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad that you're okay, Mike. That's the important thing. Insurance issues suck. And they'll likely get worse as time goes on.

Blown 89

Established Member
Health insurance in this country is a complete and utter mess that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread