Header install

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I'm running SW now on my 500 but I installed JBA 1 7/8 headers in my garage on my old 11 5.0. Sounded nasty with borla s-type axlebacks. Bolting in the headers and reaching is the hardest part. Just have the hex wrench that silvermustsang mentioned. All simple unstall and instsll back. GL

I spent a good 30 min tightening down a bolt because I had to use a crescent wrench...sucked lol

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Didn't get the car done is all. Spent 16 hrs and half that time was dealing with a bunch of stupid little problems that kept me from progressing. Have to wait till the 26th to continue working on the car.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I have heard shops in my area charge over 600

My roommate just installed a set on a 13 boss.... Took him up to 9 hrs by hisself on jackstands

I got 3 local quotes from performance shops. The cheapest was $400 but they have never done a new 5.0 yet so i would be a first. One wants $450 and have done 3 2011+ installs so far so i think i'll be going with them. The other was around $600 but f that :)

I'll be getting mine installed at www.rodeheavershotrod.com. They did my paxton install and it came out perfect. $450 seems like a good price for headers as well.

Last edited:

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
It wasn't the k member that was the problem. There were many hours wasted on such stupid nuances such as not being able to get the damn ground cable off of the motor mount lol. 2 hours being baffled by it. Then on the driver's side there is a header nut that is right behind the AC hose...that was a pain in the ass. 90 min before I said screw it and drained the AC fluid and removed the tube. Just a bunch of dumb stuff one after another. Wouldn't take me more than 5-6 hrs now that I know how to get around all the nuances.

Jedisalami

Established Member
everything you just stated is related to not removing the K. This is why mine took 4 hours and yours is taking 3 months

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
*UPDATE - Headers are on! This is without mufflers. I'll make another clip with them on tomorrow.

[youtube_browser]dDGoZKyIY_w[/youtube_browser]

altispeed

Established Member
Damn dude. Well good luck tomorrow bro. I will be taking mine to JPC. That way they can deal with that kind of headache. All in all its going to sound really nice and also give you a big smile on your face for a hell of an accomplishment doing it yourself.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Yeah, now that I know how to take care all the nuances, it wouldn't take me anywhere as long as it did lol. Half the time I was trying to figure out how to get past little quirks. It's a big sense of accomplishment for me. Biggest car project that I've tackled so far lol.

Users who are viewing this thread