haven't posted in a while..... a lot of pics :)

SlowSVT

Established Member
988 hp :eek:

Brian, yud think by this time one would have learned by now :nonono:

Beautiful work as always. Break this one in slowly (beside it looks like it's already seen dyno time) will increase the chances the engine stays reliable ................ longer LOL If this one blows up we are going to show up on your front lawn with torches and pitchforks demanding you surrender the car!

Welcome back

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
988 hp :eek:

Brian, yud think by this time one would have learned by now :nonono:

Beautiful work as always. Break this one in slowly (beside it looks like it's already seen dyno time) will increase the chances the engine stays reliable ................ longer LOL If this one blows up we are going to show up on your front lawn with torches and pitchforks demanding you surrender the car!

Welcome back

this one has not been ran at all...

why do you say it looks run? some of the pics are old from the previous motor but the pics of the crank rods pistons and such are all never ran.

I plan on doing 500 miles break in before dyno. then probably just a street tune 700+ rwhp for more break in. then after 1000-1500 miles ill get the race tune.

that is my plan

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Brian,

I think you're the first build I've seen do aftermarket main caps. Why the necessity?

I went with stronger ones because the last motor walked the main caps... on my boss302 block.

I had a dart iron eagle block back in the day with a 363ci motor with a ysi making 31+ psi that never let me down. so I decided to get the billet main caps for this motor. peace of mind for me...

03cobraracer

Established Member
Congrats man sounds like it will be sick once it's done. I feel you I've had my car 10+ years and almost gave up a few times. Hopefully this Georgia heat breaks soon and then I can enjoy my car a little more. If your ever out in the savannah area let me know I'm not far from there.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
so I got the motor in 3 weeks ago. got 500+ miles on new combo. just dropped it off to tie up odd's and ends at the dyno shop.

should be ready in 2-3 weeks. I'm in no rush as its taken this long. the car feels amazing so far and no major issues yet.

ill post up final results by oct

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
so I got the motor in 3 weeks ago. got 500+ miles on new combo. just dropped it off to tie up odd's and ends at the dyno shop.

should be ready in 2-3 weeks. I'm in no rush as its taken this long. the car feels amazing so far and no major issues yet.

ill post up final results by oct

Awesome! Keep us updated.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad everything is going well with the new build, Brian. Post a video if possible. I'd love a "ride". :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ditto. Any updated info, Brian, like final dyno numbers or updated mods? From your last post you were planning on updating us by October. We're just anxious to learn just how bad that beast is. Hope all went well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread