Have you ever seen a ghost?

dru440

Established Member
Ive been fascinated by this since I was a small child. I saw a woman in a white dress just as clear as day and knew she was a ghost. She disappeared as quickly as she came and was never seen again. I have been on many ghost tours throughout the country and have seen nothing of the sort but do believe ghost do exist. On a side note the most interesting tour I have ever been on was the vampire tour in New Orleans to say I was laughably skeptical would be an understatement. After the tour I had very different views. Feel free to share some stories.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Hmm, I'd rather direct you to some old threads but they go pretty far back. Everything you are interested in can be found in an old ghost thread. I'll see if I can find it.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
as a child, yes

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Demons? That's some bad shit. Please elaborate

No.. It ****ing sucks.

I had something happen to me as a child that ****s with me now. ( It involves me dying when I was 8 and coming back) Now I try to pretend like I dont see some weird ****ed up shit.. but I do

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
People suffering from dementia see them all the time.:read:

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
No ghosts, but a "physical sign" from someone who has past. That's all I will say about it.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I didn't believe and I am still not sure if I do but my close friend has recently told me that he is a psychic. I trust him and he has never given me a reason to suspect that he would lie. He told me that he hears and sees spirits and even helps find missing people. I try not to get involved with that type of stuff because it's demonic in nature but he is really accurate with what he does tell me. For instance, last year he told me that his sister is going to have an opportunity to leave her scumbag boyfriend but if she decides to stay they will have a kid together. Sure enough they "break up" and then get back together again shortly after and within a couple months she's pregnant. Sure, it could have been a coincidence but they have been together around 10 years and didn't want a kid.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I was present at an undersea, unexplained, mass sponge migration.
I actually experienced this in my mid-20s: http://paranormal.about.com/od/humanenigmas/a/Old-Hag-Syndrome.htm
Slight twist though, the old hag was at the foot of the bed...

Same thing except I wasn't experiencing sleep paralysis at the time. Felt the warm sensation like chills on my body which I immediately knew something was in the room, so I sat up in bed because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to see it or just feel it, but there was a black spirit at the foot of my bed and it lunged at me. I wrestled with it for a brief moment until I was able to fall off my bed and get against the wall and turn the light on. It was short and frightening but there's actually been worse stuff than that.

Another time that will put a little more merit to these sensations was when I was at our old barracks (tons of weird shit happened there) and I had a roommate at the time. One night about 3am I wake up with the warm chilling sensation coming over me. I've felt it so many times that I know I need to wake up and pray. I can't see anything in the dark room except that it is exceptionally black over by the door. I'm in my bed and still can't see anything and the chills are still coming over me. After about a minute of prayer it leaves and it feels peaceful. Next morning my roommate and I are up and getting ready for work. He starts to tell me about a nightmare he had that night. He told me about a house party we were all at and as he made his way to the kitchen there was a sliding glass door that was pitch black outside. He opened the door and a large black figure came through and grabbed him and he couldn't fight it. He had no idea at this point that I had felt something too. I asked him if he had felt a tingling or chilling waves repeatedly come over him and he said he did feel it. He said it all stopped immediately and he awoke and looked around terrified. I asked him what time and it was and it was within minutes of when I got up. We were both probably awake at the same time but neither of us knew the other was awake. I didn't want him to freak out over what I was experiencing and probably the same for him. I told him what I experienced and it kind of freaked him out. He didn't want to talk about it at that point.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Never seen a ghost, and can't say that they do or do bot exist. That being said, I once stayed a week with an aunt and uncle that lived in the Watt House (full apartment in the basement and they both worked for the US Park Service) (http://www.herald-progress.com/lifestyles/tourism/civil-war-sites/) when I was a young teenager. My uncle swore that the house was haunted by Sarah Watt. The furniture in the house was believed to be the furniture original to the house before it became a field hospital. He claimed that if furniture on the floor was moved around, that an entity, believed to be Sarah's ghost, would rearrange it back to the way it was supposed to be. He also had showed me old photographs that showed the furniture in the places it now sat. I was very skeptical of his stories, but my aunt also swore to what he said. Long story short, one day it was just he and I there. He rearranged a few smaller pieces of furniture, and then we both wend outside to do some maint. work. It was only he and I there for several hours as my aunt was at work, and he and I were never out of each other's sites. When we cam back inside shortly before lunchtime, the furniture was moved back to where it was originally. He had told me a few other stories of things that had happened since he and my aunt moved in there, but most I have forgotten or can't remember the specific details.

Sirraf

Established Member
I was present at an undersea, unexplained, mass sponge migration.
I actually experienced this in my mid-20s: http://paranormal.about.com/od/humanenigmas/a/Old-Hag-Syndrome.htm
Slight twist though, the old hag was at the foot of the bed...

This is common. Called sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis usually occurs at one of two times. If it occurs while you are falling asleep, it's called hypnagogic or predormital sleep paralysis. If it happens as you are waking up, it's called hypnopompic or postdormital sleep paralysis.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
This is common. Called sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis usually occurs at one of two times. If it occurs while you are falling asleep, it's called hypnagogic or predormital sleep paralysis. If it happens as you are waking up, it's called hypnopompic or postdormital sleep paralysis.

What they don't tell you though is that it happens when people are wide awake as well.

Users who are viewing this thread