Have a confirmed 2017 R allocation but $20k ADM--advice?

krt22

Established Member
In the midst of all of this i found a dealer close to me willing to do 10k over on a 17 r with zero negotiating. So it seems like sticker is a possibility.
10K over and MSRP are quite a bit a part. I think most dealers know that 10k over will bring many buyers who wont flinch at that price point. Quick and easy transaction for everyone

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A buddy of mine who works at a dealer in MD texted me a little while ago and said they just sold 1 for 112k....yikes.

I believe it. Unreal.

image.jpg

b4409

Established Member
Got the call today. 2017 R is mine for $8k over. This took a lot of work and I'm close with said dealer. While the ADM kinda pissed me off, I suppose it's a favor by my dealer buddy if people are really paying $30k or more over sticker.

It's against my entire being to pay ADM but if I can order a lightning blue 17 R, what's that worth vs. waiting another year or so for the hype to die down? Will it ever? Probably. But this is the first new mustang in over 28 years to excite me.

My gut says the R will depreciate reasonably and be fun to drive. I'm "that guy." :thumbsup:

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Got the call today. 2017 R is mine for $8k over. This took a lot of work and I'm close with said dealer. While the ADM kinda pissed me off, I suppose it's a favor by my dealer buddy if people are really paying $30k or more over sticker.

It's against my entire being to pay ADM but if I can order a lightning blue 17 R, what's that worth vs. waiting another year or so for the hype to die down? Will it ever? Probably. But this is the first new mustang in over 28 years to excite me.

My gut says the R will depreciate reasonably and be fun to drive. I'm "that guy." :thumbsup:

Good for you! :thumbsup:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If the ADM trend evaporates I could live with paying 8 over for an R. Be "that guy" as life is too short and if you want something, get it and enjoy the living shit out of it.

1FASFKR

Established Member

I paid sticker for GT500 and I didn't like doing it one bit. First car I've ever paid sticker for. Now, I'd pay $8k over sticker for a black w/black R like yesterday and I'd never look back.

Last edited:

b4409

Established Member
If the ADM trend evaporates I could live with paying 8 over for an R. Be "that guy" as life is too short and if you want something, get it and enjoy the living shit out of it.

I think you got it right Tob. Life really is short. I live where guys and gals go after they work their balls off, get the gold watch, then fall over dead after their second round of golf. It's crazy.

Rationalization is strong right now!

krt22

Established Member
8k over for one built to spec is pretty damn good relative to what others are going for. Complete crap shoot if you will get the exact car you want if you wait it out

Users who are viewing this thread