Has your car been driven in the rain?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Mine is my DD so it sees rain. It has seen snow twice too but I try to keep it in the garage when it snows

blownfox

Established Member
Mine has seen rain, snow, and it was even stuck outside in a ice storm we have several years ago. I was unable to get in to my car for 4 or 5 days. its only rain.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Ha! If I didn't drive my car in the rain it would probably have less than 1000 miles on it still. I almost wrecked it hydroplaining and I've gotten my car stuck in the snow twice in the last 3 years. I think it has seen more time in wet conditions than it has dry.

bmxer89

Established Member
Yea, I not driving a lambo here. Snow too but never got salt on it.

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Every good car I've had was brought home in torrential rain.
Funny you mention that. When I brought my Terminator home from Marshall Mize in Chatanooga it poured down rain all the way back to 'Bama. When I picked up my Z at the NCM in BG it also poured all the way back to 'Bama. Must be a sign.... ;-)

U.M.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I'm not worried about the rain as much as I worry about the traction. Factory tires hydroplane, drag radials are even worse. If you try just don't expect to drive it like a good dd tire safely.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
When I brought my 03 home from the dealer it rained.

Remember that I am in Los Angeles, it had not rained for the previous five months and did not rain for another two afterwards.

This is typical of my luck.:rollseyes

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
BTW, hate to break it to you guys, but it's highly likely your cars all saw rain and snow after assembly, on the way to the dealer and at the dealer.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
If I had an immaculate 03 cobra that I had polished the exhaust on etc, NO, I wouldn't drive it in the rain.

Mine has only been driven in the rain a time or two when I got caught in a fast coming storm, but i have my sebring to drive in shitty weather..

If you've made it this far, I wouldn't drive it in the rain personally..

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
depends on how good the tires are at the time. already sent one mustang to the junkyard because of that

I was lucky that didn't happen to me cause it should have. All 4 tires with DRs on the back hydroplaned on an onramp at 60 and it sent me sideways; first almost over an embankment then the car whipped around and shot back across to the other side of the freeway across 3 lanes. This was during a somewhat busy time of the day and miraculously all the car remotely close to me were in front and a safe distance behind. The car practically saved itself with little interaction from me at all, it was just crazy cause the freeway was only damp from a previous rain but on the onramp there was ruts that had filled up and I went right over them as I was looking over my shoulder to merge. I still get really nervous even with KDWs whenever I drive in the rain and can see standing puddles I have to drive over.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncqxWq0U5dk"]YouTube - Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains[/ame]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread