Has your car been driven in the rain?

djom1cincy

Established Member
I have a 03 cobra that has not been driven in the rain. Well the weather for the past week has been crappy and my only other vehicle is a company work truck that I'm not supposed to drive off hours. My question is has your car saw the rain? Should I break down and just accept the fact that its going to happen and start drive it in the rain or hold out and try to avoid it. As of right now if there's a chance of rain I wont take the car out. It sucks not being able to drive when I want but nice knowing that it hasn't been driven in the rain or bad weather. Your thoughts?

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I only drive mine in the rain when it rains :shrug: luckily water evaporates and everything is fine after that :poke:

j/k

I never understood the concern with a car being in the rain or not being in the rain :shrug:

02saleen

Established Member
mine hasnt seen rain but then again it hardly sees sunlight :nonono:

it is always a trade off keep the miles low and take care of it or drive it a lot and enjoy it.....i say you buy a cheap car to DD

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Rain is water. Do you wash the car with water? Now if we were talking snow and salt and other excessively harsh elements then I wouldn't drive it. Rain won't hurt anything though unless you drive it down a dirt road.

JMoraru

Established Member
Mine sees rain all of the time. It is still in one piece.

If you have something else to drive then sure dont drive it in the rain, but if it becomes inconvenient, then it's just stupid. It wont rip the car apart and you wont get much extra at resale.

CBrowning84

Established Member
I try not to drive mine in the rain, mainly because I have a beater Jeep and I don't want to be washing the dang thing all the time, but IMHO it's not that big of a deal. If you're the type to keep your car IMMACULATE then by all means, don't drive it in the rain! But a little rain isn't going to hurt it. Just make sure when you wash it to get the water spots off. :beer:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Yall would cringe to see the L right now, it's rained all week here and that thing is filthy. Supposed to rain all week next week too. I don't have a problem with it, so long as the car has a working defogger.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Wow. You know how much value your car loses once it's been driven in the rain!? Don't do it man, for gods sake DON'T DO IT! :poke:

U.M.

P.S. I drive my new Z in the rain all the time. It's just a car for christs sake.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Mine has been caught in the rain 1 time....on its way to get dropped off for round of mods. It poured and streets flooded....I pulled into a parking garage and let it pass. After I got the car back, I drove it on to a ramp made out of 2x10s rolled under it and cleaned the undercarrige.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Who cares? What is the rain going to hurt? My car has never been kept in a garage for its 13 years being around and has no rust.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I don't intentionally go out in the rain.

But, of course I've been caught in it.

Every good car I've had was brought home in torrential rain.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
My car has been out in -50 temperatures and in over a foot of snow. I really don't care about a little rain shower.

silverstang23

Established Member
Mine is driven in the rain. Its my only car so i drive it in the rain if its raining, which isn't very often. You have the car to enjoy and that is what i do

Users who are viewing this thread