Harbor Freight viking lithium ion jump starter

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Im not a big fan of Harbor Freight stuff, cheap stuff yes but usually dont last long. You pay for what you get. I usually jump on Slickdeals.net and either search for something or look at what they on special (tools, tvs, etc)

scootro

Established Member
thanks! i just thought it was cheap! pretty handy to have around when your battery is dead

BRNG ITT

Established Member
My mantra when it comes to shopping at harbour freight:

Specialty tools that you might use a couple of times - yes.

Any thing that can harm you or your equipment if it breaks or malfunctions - negative ghost rider.

Battery powered anything from them falls under the latter.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My mantra when it comes to shopping at harbour freight:

Specialty tools that you might use a couple of times - yes.

Any thing that can harm you or your equipment if it breaks or malfunctions - negative ghost rider.

Battery powered anything from them falls under the latter.

That's basically my philosophy as well.

Kornilov

Established Member
My jump box shit the bed a while back. Any recommendations on a new one?

Lol, at the hand wringing over HF. There are literally dozens of copies of this box and they all come from the same factory in China. Personally, I like the astro pneumatic version and bought a couple when they were on sale last year. They get charged once every 6 months or so and I've been happy with the box the one time I used it.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
For throwaway goods, it looks like a promising store from what I have seen on the shelves. For quality and items you depend to last, nah.

Everyone is selling those jumpers these days and although I bet most are made in some Chinese basement, I'd prefer to purchase it from someplace more, how you say, reputable.

Blown 89

Established Member
Harbor Freight has some good quality stuff. Their powder coat gun is considered a very good consumer option.

Robert Francis

Established Member
The Harbor Freight by me has some good quality tools, including air tools, at good prices. It also has some of the inexpensive cheap stuff. "You" just have to know what you need.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Would anyone feel content laying under a vehicle jacked up by a harbor freight jack?
Once it's on jack stands, I don't care how it got there. I would hope no one's laying under a car supported only by a jack of any brand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4a7191a

Established Member
I've got a harbor freight 3.5 ton jack that's well over 9 years old. I know I had it several years before I got my house.
Anyways... Just started a slow leak down a few months ago. I'd say it was worth the money.
The Pittsburg pro series tools arnt that bad from what I've seen. Made in Taiwan. The other stuff is China made.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I have 2 HF aluminum jacks. They have been just fine for my purposes for the past 5-6 years. I also have HF aluminum jacks and have no qualms about sitting under a car supported by them.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
We have some old HF jacks and jack stands. Some newer aluminum jacks and jack stands too. They work just fine and we haven't had any issues with any of them.

Same with some of the other HF stuff we have bought. Some of their products are good. Others you buy for a one time use deal, and some you just avoid.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have 2 HF aluminum jacks. They have been just fine for my purposes for the past 5-6 years. I also have HF aluminum jacks and have no qualms about sitting under a car supported by them.

Those jacks are sold under a bunch of different brands from other stores (Jegs, Sears, etc) as well.

4a7191a

Established Member
Go check out the pro wrenches , they look awfully close to a craftsman. Actually bought a set from a gift card I had and surprisingly smooth gearing.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I don't trust jack stands as far as I can throw them.
Me neither. I ALWAYS have a backup set up. I use Jack stands, but I'll also throw a jack on each end of the car with a little tension so that if the stands fail, it'll hopefully give me enough time to bail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread