• diablo predator

Votes: 134 66.0%
  • other

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters

nothing

nothing
Established Member
i am thinking about gettting one of the handheld tuners just to play with before i take it to a tuner and see what i can get out of the car myself.

which one do you guys recommend

diablo?
superchips?
hypertech?
other?

will these things work if i have a chip also?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I like the predator because you can datalog with it. Email support is a little easier and cheaper.

If you want to do your own tuning get the SCT racers package. It's more money but you won't have to wait for new tunes. You can do it all right there on the dyno.

The reflashers DO NOT work with chips. It's one or the other.

MysticSN95

Established Member
SCT for me don't wanna accidently chage something and not know it. I have heard of quite a few people screwing up the engine with the predator. Maybe it was an acident or maybe just an idiot. I can wait for a program to be written rather than take the chance on messing up the program myself. Just my .02 BTW they all accomplish the same thing. Its not the tuner your using its how you tune it.

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
SCT Racers Package

www.modulardepot.com

I love my package and have GREAT support from a private forum that SCT and Modular Depot support. I post a message in the forum, and whammo... everyone is ready to help. Others who have the SCT also are their for support. I suggest you visit the website and go to pre-order and FAQ's... read and then post your questions. Datalogging is very limited with the Predator from what I have researched, but I will let someone else speak about it, as I do not have one. SCT will be releasing a full capacity datalogger soon to be used in conjunction with the tuner and wideband

MysticSN95

Established Member
Yes it has to store your stock code. That is one reason you cant use it on another car is b/c the stock program is loaded onto it. then if you want to use the programmer on another car you have to load your stock program back on b4 it will work anywhere else.

2814v

Established Member
Kind of surprised nobody has tried the hypertech yet. And no I will not be the first, so dont ask.

davidmax

Established Member
For ease of operation and we get our share of calls on what did I botch and I bought it at XYZ Co.Why cant they help you?I tried them and predator and I just dont get it,and it becomes an expensive education for us but we try to do our best to help a guy out of a jam.
So remember we test and use virtually each part we sell so we can walk you through and do much hand holding if XYZ was never in the picture.
A word of advice buy your parts from a parts house that has a shop with in house Dyno,they are much more likely to know ther way around a Predetor we use them and install and tune these a few times each week.
So even if the guy answering the phone is the order desk andhe is a 1 man show busting his butt to run a company solo(VERY DIFFICULT) you know him to be a good knowladgable tech thats the Co. you want in your corner.
Of course bigger shop more techs to help you out and you wont wait 3 10 days for a return call or E-Mail.Great healthy week to all,Dave Smilovic
PS:A supporting vendor on this forum who has a nice shop with a few techs to help is great but Xtreme as a supporting vendor will help all forum members even when purchased elsewhere but the client comes 1st,so just buy all your parts and mods from Xtreme and"Dont Worry Be Happy",Dave S.

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Dave,

Buying from you would be easier if I didn't have to dig through all the Corvette stuff. Any way you could have a Cobra section seperate from all the Vette stuff?

Last edited:

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Predator has been a great tool for me so far.....and it will be getting better in the future.

Dave

akaeric

Established Member
I agree I think the Predator is a good tool and a good starting place for beginners. I'm still learning things I can do with it.

kino

Established Member
NOthing, the answer is really simple. I bought the SCT Pro Racer Package with the flasher. Best thing to do actually. Check your pms if you need some info on it.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
ive been researching this also and everything points to the SCT unit. id like to use the 2 step limiter the sct has also....

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
I have an early release version of the Predator. I used both the performance tune and the pulley tune with great results. Today I uploaded the latest release version ('cuz I have the stall update) and was surprised to find the 91 octain pulley option now included(I've been away from this site for awhile - been info deprived). Upgraded it with no problems...SOTP feels like it pulls harder than ever.
Gotta love a product that gives free bonus. :beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by loose nut
I have an early release version of the Predator. I used both the performance tune and the pulley tune with great results. Today I uploaded the latest release version ('cuz I have the stall update) and was surprised to find the 91 octain pulley option now included(I've been away from this site for awhile - been info deprived). Upgraded it with no problems...SOTP feels like it pulls harder than ever.
Gotta love a product that gives free bonus. :beer:

what size pulley do u have on it? Swansons Tune on Tetge's car see's consistant 23 degree in all RPM range. with a Predator Tune downloaded from Diablo Site he could only get 17 degree with a 5% advance in timing....he was also complaining that the car was falling on its face in 4th gear.

Users who are viewing this thread