Hair in tint?

IcE

Established Member
I just got my windows tinted last week and noticed that smack in the middle of my drivers side window is what appears to be hair about the size of an eyelash. I paid $200 for it so it is kind of annoying knowing its there. It looks like a bubble on the inside but looking from the outside of the window you can tell its a piece of hair stuck underneath the film. It came with a lifetime guarantee, do you think its being kind of ridiculous to tell them to get the window re-done? :shrug:

SL0BRA650

NorCal.
Established Member
Bring that back already, you got nothing to worry about since they included the warranty.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
I just got my windows tinted last week and noticed that smack in the middle of my drivers side window is what appears to be hair about the size of an eyelash. I paid $200 for it so it is kind of annoying knowing its there. It looks like a bubble on the inside but looking from the outside of the window you can tell its a piece of hair stuck underneath the film. It came with a lifetime guarantee, do you think its being kind of ridiculous to tell them to get the window re-done? :shrug:

If you pay money to get anything done, and it doesn't come out to your liking NO! Things happen, and people aren't perfect, but you paid 200 dollars to get it done, and it should be right.

I went to Ford about 3 months ago to get a side scoop that had 4 paint chips on it. The car has 8100 miles on it and the only imperfection to it was the paint chips. I almost felt silly going to pay 105 dollars to get it repainted because it bothered me so much. Needless to say I came to pick the scoop up, it was just laying it out in the open on the cashiers desk, she said 105 please. So I paid. And then noticed on my way out the door it had a new chip. Looked like a bubble had occurred and popped. So I brought it to her attention, she took something tried to wipe it off and said "looks like it's a small chip" and handed it back to me. I said "Ugh excuse me, I brought it here to get it repainted because of paint chips, not to pay you 105 to have new ones."

End of day they repainted it. And it looks great. Sorry for the chapter but go get it done right.

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
I was told if a single bubble didn't dry out from the sun to bring it right back and they will tint for free. I would have had it back already. Good luck

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I'm with everyone else. Just take it back. The guy that does mine gives it a life time guarantee (scratch/bubble/peeling/ etc). Tint itself isnt expensive if you buy it in a huge roll. Most of that $200 is for labor. $200 is on the high side. I had my whole car done for $150(any tint)

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely take it back for a re-do. You're not satisfied, and the installer messed up.

IcE

Established Member
If you pay money to get anything done, and it doesn't come out to your liking NO! Things happen, and people aren't perfect, but you paid 200 dollars to get it done, and it should be right.

I went to Ford about 3 months ago to get a side scoop that had 4 paint chips on it. The car has 8100 miles on it and the only imperfection to it was the paint chips. I almost felt silly going to pay 105 dollars to get it repainted because it bothered me so much. Needless to say I came to pick the scoop up, it was just laying it out in the open on the cashiers desk, she said 105 please. So I paid. And then noticed on my way out the door it had a new chip. Looked like a bubble had occurred and popped. So I brought it to her attention, she took something tried to wipe it off and said "looks like it's a small chip" and handed it back to me. I said "Ugh excuse me, I brought it here to get it repainted because of paint chips, not to pay you 105 to have new ones."

End of day they repainted it. And it looks great. Sorry for the chapter but go get it done right.

I completely agree, when money is tight you expect things to be done right. I would have done the same thing in your situation. Otherwise you are just throwing away money and letting them get away with a sub standard job.

I took all your advice and did go back and got it re-done and it looks great now. Figured you guys are right the longer you wait the more likely they are to hassle you. Lesson learned double check it the day you get work done and I could have saved a trip.

HIonPSI

Established Member
As others have said, take it back. My tint guy is anal as can be, took him 2 times to do the drivers window because he wasn't satisfied. More than likely the hair was not noticed.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Take it back and have it re-done. I had a similar issue in my old GT, luckily had the lifetime warranty as you do and it was fixed no questions asked

Users who are viewing this thread