Haggerty or Grundy or a better alternative?

C2tuck

Established Member
I have Grundy for my 93 notch agreed value at $30k no questions asked.

Added my c-10 project truck at $50k agreed value last year.

Think I pay $5-600/yr

C2tuck

Established Member
All 6 of our mustangs are insured through Grundy.

67 fastback 90k
90 7 up edition vert 30k
90 coupe 25k
93 hatch 35k
03 cobra 45k
19 GT 350 80k

I haven't made a claim yet so I can't comment on that.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Gotta ask Brady,

How bad is the bill on all those?

01yellercobra

Established Member
For those that have their cars registered out of state, what are you telling the insurance company?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I have hagerty for the Terminator, 93 Cobra, and 1968 F100. After I complete the 1990 Coupe it too will be insured by Hagerty. I made a claim before and they were phenomenal.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotta ask Brady,

How bad is the bill on all those?
Most of them are under 500 dollars a year. But that 350 is expensive! That one alone is around 1300-1400 a year. I'm guessing because it's considered a road race car and the HP?

I mean the 67 has 10k more agreed value and nearly a 1/3 of the price.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I have Grundy for the Cobra and CTS V.

For me, the main benefit is it makes the cars emissions exempt.
Are you referring your cars as being emission exempt because of the type of insurance coverage you have them covered with thru Grundy @9397SVTs ? Curious? What year CTS V you have? Just sold my 2014 CTS V coupe for 50K. Only had 9K original miles on the od......hope I dont regret it......

2014 CTS V.jpg

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you referring your cars as being emission exempt because of the type of insurance coverage you have them covered with thru Grundy @9397SVTs ? Curious? What year CTS V you have? Just sold my 2014 CTS V coupe for 50K. Only had 9K original miles on the od......hope I dont regret it......

View attachment 1790019

I would be willing to bet, since he has "Collectors Insurance Policies" that Arizona looks at it as a collector vehicle? Thus, no emissions required.

C2tuck

Established Member
I have hagerty for the Terminator, 93 Cobra, and 1968 F100. After I complete the 1990 Coupe it too will be insured by Hagerty. I made a claim before and they were phenomenal.

Get project insurance on it until it’s finished. If, god forbid, your shop burned down, you wouldn’t get anything for it as homeowners doesn’t cover titled vehicles.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1790019

I would be willing to bet, since he has "Collectors Insurance Policies" that Arizona looks at it as a collector vehicle? Thus, no emissions required.
Yes. Due to the declared vehicle classification, limited usage of the vehicles and the accompanying insurance coverage, they are not subject to emissions testing.

The CTS V is a 2014.
20190515_100126.jpg

20210316_135932.jpg

It's got just over 33k now. I won't be selling it. I know I would regret it.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Most collector car insurance policies are pretty damn good for service.

Companies love collector car people. Of course we will insure a car that sits in the garage 90% of the time, never drives in inclement weather, and the driver goes out of their way to make sure the car is protected while driving.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Most collector car insurance policies are pretty damn good for service.

Companies love collector car people. Of course we will insure a car that sits in the garage 90% of the time, never drives in inclement weather, and the driver goes out of their way to make sure the car is protected while driving.
I was thinking that a while back, at one time I had three cars under my collector policy. Total of about 500 miles a year between all of them. In fact, I would not even take out my Z06 unless I mapped out the terrain, knew the incline of driveways/entrances and no rain in the forecast. Most of the time just said screw and take my truck., all the while I am paying out for insurance.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I have a lot of cars with Hagerty (~20). My dad had Grundy, and had a zero fault claim. He DID NOT have a good experience. Grundy uses a 3rd party for the claim process, and it did not go well. He has now switched to Hagerty because of that. Hagerty handles their claims (luckily I have not had one).

prs97

Established Member
I've typically heard good things about Hagerty claims service. I didn't have the need, thankfully ( & knocking on wood I don't in general).

For how much I love my Terminator, I would have likely stayed with Hagerty despite the price increases.

Once I added the 911, the cost difference for covering both cars was bananas so I moved to Grundy.

Users who are viewing this thread