Haggerty or Grundy or a better alternative?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Well.....Made my decision! Based on the the info you guys shared and my own personal necessities, I decided that haggerty was the best option for me. There wasnt much of a difference in a quote I received from grundy. Coverages I elected best fit me and the vehicles agreed worth 150K. I also added in the policy that in the event of a total loss I get to keep the salvage and get a full payout. The premium will drop as the vehicle is only driven 5 months out of the year and collision will get dropped off for 7 months that the car sits in storage. IT WAS NOT CHEAP INSURANCE BY NO MEANS!! 300.00/Month. WANNA PLAY YOU GOTTA BE WILLING TO PAY....guess thats how it goes. Thanks to all of the SVTP community for helping me decide on collector car insurance. Vinnie B

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
$300 a month? I guess I'm confused on how you set up your policy. It seems to me you went with a more traditional policy instead of a collector car insurance policy.

I went with Grundy and got an agreed value policy for $120K on my 65. I only pay $820 annually.

All they said was car must be garaged and I can only drive it for car related events/activities. Meaning I can't use it to go to work or grocery shopping, but if I wanted to drive it from Texas to California for a car show or event I'm covered.

I'm guessing you have a full coverage policy and can drive yours to work or wherever you want whenever you want. Probably why it's listed at $300 a month is my guess.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
$300 a month? I guess I'm confused on how you set up your policy. It seems to me you went with a more traditional policy instead of a collector car insurance policy.

I went with Grundy and got an agreed value policy for $120K on my 65. I only pay $820 annually.

All they said was car must be garaged and I can only drive it for car related events/activities. Meaning I can't use it to go to work or grocery shopping, but if I wanted to drive it from Texas to California for a car show or event I'm covered.

I'm guessing you have a full coverage policy and can drive yours to work or wherever you want whenever you want. Probably why it's listed at $300 a month is my guess.

Nice Car man.......that rev is bad ass!! @Black Gold 380R . Yes that is correct. I set up the full coverage policy initially to drive, track or drag race it whenever I choose and as many miles + with other benefits for those just in case situations. I dont want to be limited!! The monthly rate thou will drop substancially as the car sits in storage 6 months out of the year. I plan on driving it and enjoying it for a change. Whatever happens......im paid in full and im entitled to the salvage.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Nice Car man.......that rev is bad ass!! @Black Gold 380R . Yes that is correct. I set up the full coverage policy initially to drive, track or drag race it whenever I choose and as many miles + with other benefits for those just in case situations. I dont want to be limited!! The monthly rate thou will drop substancially as the car sits in storage 6 months out of the year. I plan on driving it and enjoying it for a change. Whatever happens......im paid in full and im entitled to the salvage.
Thanks Vinnie! Appreciate that my friend.

Okay I understand what route you went on the policy now.

Users who are viewing this thread