H&R race springs?

srtsir

Established Member
Okay guys getting ready to put some h&R race springs on my Cobra, just wanted to know should I run stock isolators or no isolators at all I am planning to go 18 inch wheels also if that says anything...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends on the look you want. Stick with the oem isolators if using them. I left all mine in, but the front could sit a little lower. I'm sure a "search" on these spings and you'll likely find pictures of other members cars with different combinations with isolators.

srtsir

Established Member
I really like the way H&R SS sit with all isos in there...Do H&R SS lower more than race springs?

03cobraaa

Established Member
Depends on the look your going for. Here's mine for reference, H&R Races with not top isolators all around.
aeff33eb-7c1f-3969.jpg
aeff33eb-7c2c-0bbd.jpg

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.273442,-79.882460

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
The ride with race springs is slightly more harsh than stock but the quality is greatly improved. I left the stock isos in all around because I've heard there is an increase in suspension noise without them.

03cobraaa

Established Member
How do you like the ride with Race's?? I like the way it sits...

Its great. Its stiff but not too stiff. i had a set of SS's and i hated them because of how soft they were, even though it looked killer cause it was slammed! So I went with the Race springs and love them.

Also like stated above about suspension noise, my top iso's all around are out so ive wrapped the top of each spring with some duct tape, and never had and noise.

Last edited:

srtsir

Established Member
03 cobra thanxs for your help I think that is exactly what i am going to go with....Can you post some more pics of you car???Thanx again for all your help..

srtsir

Established Member
Nice guys thanx a lot I really like the look of no isos but I also like the look with 1 iso all around which I think I am going to go with.....

doczg

Established Member
You will scrape a lot if you leave out all the isos, but you will scrape slightly less if you leave them all in. I have all mine in and I literally scrape at every speed bump unless im taking up three lanes worth of street to cross it. Others might disagree with me, but i think the ride is noticeably harsher than stock, but not bad at all. You suspension will also be slightly underdamped if you still have the factory bilsteins.

04svtNJ

Established Member
I'm on the stock wheels still, but H&R Race springs with only the bottom front stock isos in. I couldn't be happier with the look. Low, level, and jus the right amount of rake imo. I've had them in for two months now and no problems...many complements. good luck!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You will scrape a lot if you leave out all the isos, but you will scrape slightly less if you leave them all in. I have all mine in and I literally scrape at every speed bump unless im taking up three lanes worth of street to cross it. Others might disagree with me, but i think the ride is noticeably harsher than stock, but not bad at all. You suspension will also be slightly underdamped if you still have the factory bilsteins.

I have yet to scrape on anything, and coming in my driveway is not pretty! Is your exhaust hanging to low?

03cobraaa

Established Member
I rarely scrap. You just need to pay attention to what's ahead on the road. Plus I have my exhaust tucked up in there pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread