Guys with MM CC Plates, Question on Alignment

zeus201

Established Member
Got the MM CC plates on and took the car for alignment last Friday. The is lowered on Eibach springs. After alignment tech said he was unable to get the caster into the Ford allowable range of 2.85 to 4.35 degrees based on the car being lowered.

I paid for alignment a little confused and disappointed went about my way. I figured that the plates would help get the car back into range but that is not the case for me.

Here are my overall results from the alignment:
Front Left
Camber: -1.4
Caster: 5.0
Toe: 0.13

Front Right
Camber: -1.1
Caster: 5.0
Toe: 0.13

Front
X-Camber: -0.4
X-Caster: 0.0
Total Toe: 0.26

Rear Left
Camber: -0.8
Toe: 0.04

Right Rear
Camber: -0.3
Toe: 0.03

Rear
X-Camber: -0.5
Total Toe: 0.06
Thrust Angle: 0.00

I have taken the car there twice in the past 3 days as the first time I requested they use the provided nylon nuts for the FTBR eccentric cam bolt. They forgot and so I brought it back to them today, had them installed, and then paid again for alignment.

Part of me thinks I should not have been charged a full alignment today considering I had to take off work, take the car back to have them installed. Also, I am not sure that the "as left" alignment results are all that great...

Thoughts on what to do or just bite the bullet and move on?

Last edited:

cdurbin328

CDurbin328
Established Member
That's interesting. I lowered mine with Eibach springs as well. I ordered the MM caster/camber plates and plan to install them on Tuesday. I'm curious to see how the alignment goes. I have the same setup on my Foxbody and they didn't have any issues getting it aligned properly.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
from the mm install sheet

"NOTE: The orientation of the Bearing Plate can be either ‘positive’ or ‘negative’. Use the following illustration to properly position the Bearing Plates on the Main Plates. Use the table as a guide to determine the orientation of the Bearing Plates for your alignment needs. The majority of street cars will have the Bearing Plates installed in the ‘positive’ orientation. The majority of race cars will have the Bearing Plates installed in the ‘negative’ orientation. To change the Bearing Plates between positive and negative orientation, swap the Bearing Plates to the opposite sides of the car. For example, a bearing plate on the driver’s side in the positive orientation will be in the negative orientation on the passenger side."

I bet you have the bearing plates in the wrong orientation

Woody6799

Established Member
I didn't install my CC plates, the car had them on already and my alignment guys told me the same thing... I am lowered on coil overs up front though.

Front Left:
-0.9 - Caster
5 - Camber
.09 - Toe
18.9 - SAI
18.0 - Included Angle

Front Right

Front:
-0.3 - Cross Camber
-0.7 - Cross Caster
-0.1 - Cross SAI
0.21 - Total Toe

Rear Left:
-0.8 - Camber
0.07 - Toe

Rear Right:

Rear:
-0.1 - Cross Camber
0.19 - Total Toe
-0.03 - Thrust Angle

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Those specs look pretty awesome to me, you wanna slam the strut far back towards the firewall for 4.5-5.0 degrees positive caster and your negative camber is a shade aggressive but it still looks fine. I would call the manager of that shop to express your displeasure for paying twice.

94slowbra1

Established Member
your specs are not bad, like stated above you may be a little much on the camber. between 4 and 5 degrees on caster is good and will keep the car stable at high speeds. on the other issue, no way in hell i would have paid twice especially if you told them to use a certain part and they didnt. id be looking for a refund
how does the car feel while driving?

Users who are viewing this thread