guys running 900+ rwhp what brand and size injectors are you using?

what injectors should i run?

• Total voters

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
ok so im sitting here doing the math and i think that i got to small of injectors :(

i got the ev6 80lbs ford racing injectors for my car. but i plan to make around 900-1000 rwhp with the turbo.

after doing the math im coming up with needing 105 lbs injectors. but i said well hell if going that big maybe i should just jump up to some 120's. what do you guys think?

i will be running 93 octane and 110-116 on a race tune. i dont believe i will run e85 as there is only 1 gas station with in 50 miles of me that carries it.

are the 80's ok

go with some 105's

or get the 120's

lastly... if none of the above then what?

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
using the forumla

figuring about 1100 fwhp x .65 divided by 8 injectors at .85 duty cycle = 105

but really id like them around 80% for room to grow and if i ever go e85, i know e85 is about 30-50% more fuel required so....

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
if you plan on using e 85 or going bigger, fuel headroom is always a good idea.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
yup, but thats why im asking. im sure someone has a setup similar to mine. i need to know soon. as i want to get some injectors ordered today if i need.

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
Ok yea E85 id definetly go alot bigger than 80's. With 80's you would be good for around 700+ with e85. So go with atleast a 105 or a little bigger. Just make sure whatever you get can run off the factory computer otherwise you may need to get a driver.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Ok yea E85 id definetly go alot bigger than 80's. With 80's you would be good for around 700+ with e85. So go with atleast a 105 or a little bigger. Just make sure whatever you get can run off the factory computer otherwise you may need to get a driver.

i do not currently plan to run e85. however as things change and possibly more e85 becomes available in the area i may make the switch. currently its just in my area.

i need high impedence injectors. but im not sure what brand. someone on here a while back posted about some nice injectors they had. i remember they were like $500-1000 bucks but they were like the best of the best from what i remember. but i cant remember the brand or who had them :( i would like to research those.

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
Taking your time and doing research is the best idea. Don't be in a rush as tempting as it is. Its better to take your time and only buy once. If you do plan on running e85 sometime down the road make sure you get an injector big enough now. Don't quote me but I believe rc engineering make some really good injectors.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I would set it up for E85 even though you only have that one E85 station right now.

You can always turn the boost down and run 93 by just loading that tune.

Race gas will still work fine with those injectors on your race gas tune.

As mentioned fuel headroom should be a goal, and it would be easy to have on 93 and still easy on race gas using E85 sized injectors.

If the E85 availability does improve or you feel like taking a little drive, you will then be ready. The octane is a little less than race gas so you might be running a little less boost than race gas, but I would shoot for a small amount of headroom on E85 and then that is one expensive headache you don't need to worry about. I would check into the distillery forum here and check out those fuel systems and pattern after one of those. They all still work on 93 when they want to switch back and flash in the tune.

Ironhand

Banned
Run the 105s out of the gate now.

Also turbo cars require less injector then top mount cars for the same power.

Im aiming close to 4 digit power on 105s with E-85. I might be out of injector before then but it'll be close.

Run the 105s since there are more tuners familiar with them now and see where that puts you on Injector Duty cycle and go from there.

GodStang

Established Member
80s on E85 are good for 900rwhp on a centri so a good bit more on turbos. So id1000s which are the best of the best would be great. Also 105s would be fine. If you street drive it would it be better to go low impedance?

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
80s on E85 are good for 900rwhp on a centri so a good bit more on turbos. So id1000s which are the best of the best would be great. Also 105s would be fine. If you street drive it would it be better to go low impedance?

So the 80's will be good for 1000 rwhp on a 93-110 octane setup u believe?

What the advantage of low impedence vs high?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Same injector I know but the boost level to hit that level I'm thinking might need more than 110 octane but possibly not more injector.

But this is rarefied air here with some mighty lofty power levels, and I am just not that familiar to be certain.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Same injector I know but the boost level to hit that level I'm thinking might need more than 110 octane but possibly not more injector.

But this is rarefied air here with some mighty lofty power levels, and I am just not that familiar to be certain.

Also turbo cars require less injector then top mount cars for the same power.
This is VERY TRUE!:rockon::beer:

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Good 80's info
I run 80's at base pressure of 60psi which make them act like 100's.
Just have to have good fuel pump"s" that can handle the higher pressure.
I run E85 and run dual bosch 044 pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread