Guy I went to highschool with died the other night in a Mustang GT

jrobinsonchicag

Established Member
I know the feeling. I lent my new 09 R1 to a buddy who split a deer at 140 mph two weeks ago. He served two tours in Iraq fighting a war half way around the world only to be killed a half mile from his home.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Wow, what a horrible event. I can only imagine how the families impacted are coping with this. RIP and my thoughts go out to the family.

A coworker went out celebrating a couple years ago, drove home drunk, and smashed his vette into a parked powerline utility truck. His vette was in a million pieces (and so was he). RIP.

Last edited:

Guido 04

Banned
wow that's horrible. his poor fiance, she looks devastated. i was drunk at a bbq once and had to back my car out of a driveway and park it infront of the house. it was amazed at how difficult it was and even more amazed at how people drive around like that.

CFRacer22

Established Member
feel bad for the kid, but not for the guy, no sympathy for ppl that end up hurt/dead by drinking and driving

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very sad story. Folks, many who say you should never drink and drive do it all the time. Here's the thing. When you say "don't drink and drive" do you mean just that, don't drive after drinking ANY alcoholic beverage, or do you mean don't drive if you're drunk or think you're drunk. Because if it's the latter, the problem is that most who DO drive after drinking (and we all know it is done ALL the time) think that their driving ability isn't impaired. And it is to some degree depending on the person and conditions (like an an empty stomach). A person can consume a fair amount of alcohol in a short time, feel fine, jump into a car and minutes later have the alcohol affect kick in while you're driving. All things an accident like this should make us ALL think about.

So, if you've had even what you consider to be a small amount of alcohol, don't try to make the decision to drive yourself, because in most cases you'll "think" you're find. Ask someone who ISN'T impaired and who is honest if you should drive. Be safe. Keep others safe.

Users who are viewing this thread