gun burning.....

4a7191a

Established Member
I work at a steel mill and we burn drugs and guns at times. Today we burnt nothing but decent looking hunting rifles and one saiga12. Most of the time is a majority of crap guns that we burn. Today though, not a single handgun burnt. I understand the burning of non-collector handguns that were used in crimes. Now, a leopold scope in excellent condition on a 270 Remington that totally fits the discription of a law breaking killer :/ yeah..... maybe to Bambi's and hogs 99.999999% of the time.
My main beef with this was why arn't these guns auctioned off to law abiding citizen's and the proceeds go to some charitable cause?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I work at a steel mill and we burn drugs and guns at times. Today we burnt nothing but decent looking hunting rifles and one saiga12. Most of the time is a majority of crap guns that we burn. Today though, not a single handgun burnt. I understand the burning of non-collector handguns that were used in crimes. Now, a leopold scope in excellent condition on a 270 Remington that totally fits the discription of a law breaking killer :/ yeah..... maybe to Bambi's and hogs 99.999999% of the time.
My main beef with this was why arn't these guns auctioned off to law abiding citizen's and the proceeds go to some charitable cause?

Question to me would be... Why did you melt them down? I'm assuming you operate said plant...

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Those guns may have been part of one of the gun turn-in events that local law enforcement sponsors.

Anything collected needs to be destroyed.

Rotzs99

Established Member
Because ALL GUNS ARE EVIL!!! And there is no such thing as a law-abiding gun owner. We're all current or future criminals.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Those guns may have been part of one of the gun turn-in events that local law enforcement sponsors.

Anything collected needs to be destroyed.

It doesn't, but there's probably a law that says so. It seems like [read: It is] a waste of materials. At least take the optics/accessories off... they can be worth more than the guns.

It's all about control. Remove/reduce weapon supply from population, control said population.

john_anch_ak

What a waste! Here in Anchorage they keep all the guns until the courts no longer need them and then they get auctioned off! Over the years I've picked up some damn nice rifles and handguns.

SirShaun

Established Member
My local Sheriffs office no longer destroys the weapons they confiscate.

One of the Seargents has his Gun Dealer license. County probably paid for him to get it. He then lists all of the guns confiscated on a gun auction site. If purchased locally they can come to him and pick it up or if sold elsewhere he sends it to the closest gun dealer to be handed off.

4a7191a

Established Member
I didn't have part of melting them nor would of I. But feel bad due to witnessing it and we all know how stupid some laws are. This is an example of such retardation. Actually got on the p.a. system and yelled "communist pigs". A bunch of guys here are in the NRA and well, they followed suit yelling all sorts of obscenities about the burning...

Hindsight, when we burn drugs. People usually yell too. Specially when they burn pot.

This was atf burning them , they were seized. Had to of been, who would given them a benelli shotgun to destroy? That was in there too.

Totally agree on the saiga with awesomeness .

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
My local Sheriffs office no longer destroys the weapons they confiscate.

One of the Seargents has his Gun Dealer license. County probably paid for him to get it. He then lists all of the guns confiscated on a gun auction site. If purchased locally they can come to him and pick it up or if sold elsewhere he sends it to the closest gun dealer to be handed off.

Wait. Where do these profits go?

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I wouldn't feel bad about it being destroyed, it's a gun not a living being. Guns owner decided what fate he or she wanted with their property and it's done. All you have to due is pony up $$$ if you want one of millions more out there on the market.

nxhappy

Established Member
makes me sick to my ****ing stomach.

Damn these Commi bastards to hell

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
This was atf burning them , they were seized. Had to of been, who would given them a benelli shotgun to destroy? That was in there too.

Like a Benelli M4/1014? That would be a real shame if it was. IMO that's the best shotgun on the market.

4a7191a

Established Member
Looked like a venci auto like my buddy has. He paid 1300 for his, sure this one was in that neighborhood. It looked brand new too. :(

Last edited:

Blackness03

Established Member
There's a reason most of the guns you burn are shitty. The sheriffs office already had their pick at the good ones. Today nobody got a chance to take home the ones they wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread