CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
Not bad fella's. I dont really care about #'s so when I start seeing some vids. of the GTR actually beating people on the street it will get respect. Until then its just overpriced, heavy, hyped up slug.........

PS that is a nice shop:beer:

Johnathanh

Got boost?
Established Member
Love the GTR but take a look at the price list

SpecV part prices:

Charger Assy, Turbo ..............JPY 1,000,000 ($10,226 usd)
Charger Assy, Turbo ............. JPY 1,000,000 ($10,226)
Absorber Kit, Shock Fr RH ... JPY 181,000 ($1,850)
Absorber Kit, Shock Fr LH .....JPY 181,000 ($1,850)
Absorber Kit, Shock Rr RH .. JPY 164,000 ($1,677)
Absorber Kit, Shock Rr LH ... JPY 164,000 ($1,677)
Pad Kit, Disc Brake ................ JPY 2,000,000 ($20,453)
Rotor&Pad Kit, Disc Brake .. JPY 4,700,000 ($48,064)
Caliper Kit, Disc Brake Fr RH JPY 320,000 ($3,272)
Caliper Kit, Disc Brake Fr LH. JPY 320,000 ($3,272)
Caliper Kit, Disc Brake Rr RH JPY 240,000 ($2,454)
Caliper Kit, Disc Brake Rr LH JPY 240,000 ($2,454)
Air Spoiler Assy, Rr ............... JPY 900,000 ($9,203)
Emblem, Trunk Lid ................ JPY 150,000 ($1,533)
Cushion Assy, Front Seat .... JPY 347,000 ($3,548)
Back Assy, Front Seat ......... JPY 698,000 ($7,138)
Cover, Engine Lower ............ JPY 640,000 ($6,544)
Finisher, Seat Back Center . JPY 522,000 ($5,338)
The cloth cover on the rear seat area costs. JPY 100,000 ($1,022) "

Nehhhh i'll pass!!! toooooooo damn expensive!!

1.8t

Established Member
I don't care if it is a mustang dyno...a 35R STI on meth makes more than 350whp.

95PGTTech

Established Member
I don't care if it is a mustang dyno...a 35R STI on meth makes more than 350whp.

depends on the supporting mods. my best friend was a customer of their old shop made 496 to the tires 35R, meth, built motor. ran out of fuel system, it should be a mid 500 car with more fuel.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Not impressed

do us a favor.....please post up how much money the customer spent on the mods. Might help put some things in perspective

It's a nice car...but not worth it.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Not worth it? You're talking about a $70k car that puts in the same times at roadcourses as some $300k+ supercars. Parts are expensive. You have to pay to play. That kind of performance isn't cheap. Comparing it to your mustangs is ****ing retarded. There's a reason mustang parts are so cheap. They're EVERYWHEREEE!. You could flip over a rock outside and find a T5 underneath it. Try looking at parts for lambos and Ferrari's. Some of their titanium exhausts cost of $25K!! The R35 is a pretty advanced car and its really new and one of the first of its kind as a street car with the drivetrain setup it employs. As a result there are not parts for it at every corner. = more expensive. Supply and demand folks did you guys ever take economics?

Most whipple GT500's and terminators can beat quite a few supercars in a straight line too. Does that make them a better car? um no. If that were the case then any 70' Chevelle rustbucket that runs low 7's at the local 1/8th would be a superior car too. There is more to car design than street cred and straight line performance.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I think the main thing I like about the GT-R is it's technology. I love American cars but the ZO6 is just a 427 with fuel injection. Who here has never heard of a pushrod 427?. Aside from it being technologically advanced the car can hit low 11s stock at a drag strip. But with all the drivetrain failure stories we hear it's obvious that it's not so much of a drag car. Meanwhile at an open road course, the GT-R is recording better times than Lambos, Ferraris, ZO6s and even the Ford GT:shrug:.I love drag racing but I was always the type to also want to beat other at their own game. A GT-R can beat a GT500 or 03/04 at a drag strip (especially if it's tranny doesn't break) but take that Mustang to a track with turns and the GT-R will ruin it.

mr2cam

Established Member
Not worth it? You're talking about a $70k car that puts in the same times at roadcourses as some $300k+ supercars. Parts are expensive. You have to pay to play. That kind of performance isn't cheap. Comparing it to your mustangs is ****ing retarded. There's a reason mustang parts are so cheap. They're EVERYWHEREEE!. You could flip over a rock outside and find a T5 underneath it. Try looking at parts for lambos and Ferrari's. Some of their titanium exhausts cost of $25K!! The R35 is a pretty advanced car and its really new and one of the first of its kind as a street car with the drivetrain setup it employs. As a result there are not parts for it at every corner. = more expensive. Supply and demand folks did you guys ever take economics?

Most whipple GT500's and terminators can beat quite a few supercars in a straight line too. Does that make them a better car? um no. If that were the case then any 70' Chevelle rustbucket that runs low 7's at the local 1/8th would be a superior car too. There is more to car design than street cred and straight line performance.

I think the main thing I like about the GT-R is it's technology. I love American cars but the ZO6 is just a 427 with fuel injection. Who here has never heard of a pushrod 427?. Aside from it being technologically advanced the car can hit low 11s stock at a drag strip. But with all the drivetrain failure stories we hear it's obvious that it's not so much of a drag car. Meanwhile at an open road course, the GT-R is recording better times than Lambos, Ferraris, ZO6s and even the Ford GT:shrug:.I love drag racing but I was always the type to also want to beat other at their own game. A GT-R can beat a GT500 or 03/04 at a drag strip (especially if it's tranny doesn't break) but take that Mustang to a track with turns and the GT-R will ruin it.

Very good posts!

61mmstang94

Established Member

Don't throw out hard facts and the truth like that. These guys live in a world where mustangs are king of the road and they'll find any way possible to make themselves feel better about owning a mustang when a better car is presented to them so they complain about things like cost of parts or they'll pull something else out of the air.

Oh noes!!!!!!!!! Don't tell them that this car (even when it was stock) can outperform a GT500, Cobra or the almighty Ford GT (and don't forget 1/4 mile racing isn't the only type of racing in the world before you go spouting off).

Last edited:

Antagon

Established Member
Don't throw out hard facts and the truth like that. These guys live in a world where mustangs are king of the road and they'll find any way possible to make themselves feel better about owning a mustang when a better car is presented to them so they complain about things like cost of parts or they'll pull something else out of the air.

You're an idiot. if you put the same amount of $$$ into an 84 fox body it'd be way faster!!!!! That just proves the GTR succckks :rolling: I could even drop a SBC into my 3 cylinder Geo and smoke the fox body, fox bodies suuuckkkk :rolling: :rollseyes

I've seen a few of these around town, big cars, but damn do they move! Thanks for the pics/vids

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Buy two Terminators for that much.
I'll pass.

Isn't the transaxle 22k to replace?

A Ferrari it's not..
Jeff

Do you really want to nitpick every single repair? A ferrari's transaxle doesn't employ AWD or a rear mounted dual clutch trans. So no its not going to cost as much.

Why would you want two termis anyway? Two cars that do exactly the same thing exactly the same way. Man why don't you just get four?

Side note: speak of the devil i was eating lunch outside today downtown when a black, lowered R35 with exhaust cruised by. Man those cars are BIG. They look completely different in person compared to pictures though. They really do look like an Altima on the internet, but in person they are wild looking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread