GTI vs SVT Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

old guys rule

Red Blown Sled
Established Member
You are correct. This is not worth arguing over. Little VW friend I wasnt there so I dont know, so good for you if it is true and good kill or almost kill, if not you are only hurting yourself. You must remember that this is not some ricer sight and im sure most of the guys on here dont buy into this claim like I didnt. Most of these guys have vast expierence with what cars will run and what they will do and what they wont do. Maybe you do have a factory freak I dont know but it would be one hell of a freak. So keep modding and good luck.

Last edited:

DrZacharyus

Banned
i do have a factory freak lol, didnt you see the post where i pull all the other gti's with wayyy more mods?? but yeah, thanks i guess? i just wish some people wouldnt be so thick headed and give anyone with an import a label of a ricer which i am not

2002_500HP

Banned
hey 05Rousch i hate to tell you but the Cobra=SVT FlagShip is coming out as well as that SportTrac and based on the sell of those depends on what SVT makes from there on out it's likely the Lightning will show back up in '07....my friends dad already has a Sport Trac on order from Ford...same dealer he bought his L and 02 Cobra so i see the L coming back.

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
2002_500HP said:
hey 05Rousch i hate to tell you but the Cobra=SVT FlagShip is coming out as well as that SportTrac and based on the sell of those depends on what SVT makes from there on out it's likely the Lightning will show back up in '07....my friends dad already has a Sport Trac on order from Ford...same dealer he bought his L and 02 Cobra so i see the L coming back.
02 Cobra?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
2002_500HP said:

The Adrenaline is based on the Explorer platform. It will be my next SVT for sure. :thumbsup:

2tonOfun

Established Member
05 Roush said:
Lightning = costs too much on new platform.

I don't know about that. I think they had other reasons.

How much did that ROUSH cost ya?

I personaly have no interest in the Adrenaline.

I'm going to have to check out of this thred though because I hate to keep this twerps thred alive.

2002_500HP

Banned
Yea its a Exploder SportTrac, i can't wait until it's in his driveway i wanna see how it holds up with the L not mine but his rather we are gonna race em stock to stock and tne when he mods to my level race em modded to modded.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
2tonOfun said:
I don't know about that. I think they had other reasons.

How much did that ROUSH cost ya?

I personaly have no interest in the Adrenaline.

I'm going to have to check out of this thred though because I hate to keep this twerps thred alive.

Considering the price of a base F-150 5.4L extended Cab vs. the old one, I'd say the new Lightning would have costed upwards of $40K for the base F-150 XLT + 10K worth of upgrades to engine and other components to even come close to the performance of the Gen II's.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
So was this the Tuesday that the races were gonna take place? I wonder how it went.

Hmm...sounds like someone has some inside information. Did someone get busted, officer? Haha.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
uhh i let him downshift and then hit it yeah i posted the slips in teh GT vs STI forum

This kid is so full of poo. What slip? Wasn't this race from a roll on the streets? And for the other guy who said SVT started in 96, Why would the 03 Cobras be the 10th aniversery addition for svt. Svo did the four banger turbo with two spark plugs per cylinder, and the offset hood scoop inlet. The only good VW is a bus

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
Smokin03svt said:
DrZacharyus said:
uhh i let him downshift and then hit it yeah i posted the slips in teh GT vs STI forum

This kid is so full of poo. What slip? Wasn't this race from a roll on the streets? And for the other guy who said SVT started in 96, Why would the 03 Cobras be the 10th aniversery addition for svt. Svo did the four banger turbo with two spark plugs per cylinder, and the offset hood scoop inlet. The only good VW is a bus
try keeping up.

The slips are in the THREAD mentions (sti one ;-) )

And there's been another race with about 5 pages of posts talking about it.
:bash: :bash: :bash:

METALBEAST

Best of Both Worlds
Established Member
Nice runs! My buddy Tommy called me yesterday and told me he got his first kill against a Lightning in his 1992 Corvette. Hmmm, may have to post that in here.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
[QUOTE=300bhp/ton
try keeping up.

The slips are in the THREAD mentions (sti one ;-) )

And there's been another race with about 5 pages of posts talking about it.
:bash: :bash: :bash:

With what it makes no sense. He says the race is on the street, then all of a sudden there is a timeslip to the race? Dont understand there is no link posted when he said that he posted the slip on the gti forum.

john_o

New SHO Poster
Established Member
For cryin' out loud folks...just do it again and TAPE the damn thing this time so we can see exactly what happens for ourselves...that way, all question can be removed, so long as any and all excuses are left behind too... :D

~John O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread