GTI vs SVT Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrZacharyus

Banned
I raced 97_cobra's dads truck again from a 25 roll, he downshiftend on third honk and we went, i barely pulled 1st we both go into 2nd my hood is at his rear wheel by the time we shift into third and i slowly started pulling back on him.

The mods on the lightning are PSP Ram Air intake

and i have a chip and intake

Last edited:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
Just curious but is that GTi a normal 1.8T, a car that only has 150bhp STOCK and does 0-60mph in 8.6 seconds?? Or is it the 2.0 n/a GTI which also had 150bhp but way less torque and took about 10 seconds 0-60mph.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
My wifes 02 Jetta 1.8T makes 170Bhp and 179tq bone stock, which is up from the 01 Jettas 1.8T 150bhp

With the chip you can adjust the blow off and wastegate correct??? or am i way off base.

97 slowbra

Banned
He traped 99..The lightning pulled..Im happy..Seems to be right where the lightning should be..Trapin 100-101..I had a truck on him at 110 then I let off

DrZacharyus

Banned
Dude Are You ****ing Kidding Me??? A Truck Lol You Had Maybe Half A Truck Drew Tyler Even Said If We Started At The Same Time Id Most Likely Pull You, When I Looked Over At The End Of Second, When You Pulled I Was Not A Truck Back I Wasnt Even Behind You I Was Next To Your Rear Tire And I Was Pulling Back Slowly In 3rd

97 slowbra

Banned
DrZacharyus said:
Dude Are You ****ing Kidding Me??? A Truck Lol You Had Maybe Half A Truck Drew Tyler Even Said If We Started At The Same Time Id Most Likely Pull You, When I Looked Over At The End Of Second, When You Pulled I Was Not A Truck Back I Wasnt Even Behind You I Was Next To Your Rear Tire And I Was Pulling Back Slowly In 3rd
:bs:

UtOhCop

Established Member
Jesus christ. Now people are going to argue about the details of a race? Get a video of it next time

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
i'd say 97 cobra is right i had a buddy wth a brand new GTI 1.8T with Intake and chip and limited slip and he only ran like 14.4

Blk03GT

Established Member
110 octane doesnt make you faster, just wanted to point that out.....

jdubya

Established Member
02's and up are 180 stock. Chip will add another 35-45 hp depending on maker. The problem with them is usable power band. The small and I do mean SMALL turbo is out of breath around 5K. Assuming your intercooler wasn't heat soaked you could see 99 in the 1/4 and a low 14 of you can drive it.

Remove the 1.8t and put a VR6 turbo in there and go REAL fast. :D

DrZacharyus

Banned
after i get my new tires i will, i ran 14.7 at 99 after being heatsoaked, im getting a bigger sidemount when i go big turbo, im thinking either t3-super 60 or a t3/t4 57 trim just run low boost until i can build the motor/stroke it

i will try to get this video tape, the lightnings air to water IC is very efficient right?
i was following them from about 20-100 in my car many times and beating on it before we raced so i know i was for sure heatsoaked

Last edited:

jdubya

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
after i get my new tires i will, i ran 14.7 at 99 after being heatsoaked, im getting a bigger sidemount when i go big turbo, im thinking either t3-super 60 or a t3/t4 57 trim just run low boost until i can build the motor/stroke it

i will try to get this video tape, the lightnings air to water IC is very efficient right?
i was following them from about 20-100 in my car many times and beating on it before we raced so i know i was for sure heatsoaked

unless you plan on running more than 400WHP there won't be a need to build up the motor. Maybe some ARP hardware and that's it. I would concentrate on the tranny if I were you. I've blown up two so far this year with that kind of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread