GTI vs SVT Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

old guys rule

Red Blown Sled
Established Member
:bash: Yea it makes me wonder how there could be time slips on a street race. HMMMMM is there some new technology we dont know about. Lets see how this goes we are rolling, 3 honks , I allow him to down shift, pull him, stop at the state run E.T. booth and get a time slip. Yea that sound about right to me. :bash:

flarocket

Established Member
Now, I know this is an old thread, but what speed were you going when this lightning downshifted ?? It may have been posted somewhere and I missed it? :shrug:

flarocket

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
I raced 97_cobra's dads truck again from a 25 roll, he downshiftend on third honk and we went, i barely pulled 1st we both go into 2nd my hood is at his rear wheel by the time we shift into third and i slowly started pulling back on him.

The mods on the lightning are PSP Ram Air intake

and i have a chip and intake

Sorry- I answered my own question !!! From a 25 mph roll- why in the hell would he drop it into first, and have to manually shift the gears- the beauty of an automatic- when you punch it - it downshifts for you- I could see if it was a roll from 60-80 or so and he took od off to drop into third but not from a 25 roll... :nono:

flarocket

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
he was in 1st so was i
i let him get the jump so he could downshift...

Sorry- this is way old now but................. If the lightning was in first ,what gear did he downshift into ? :bash:

DrZacharyus

Banned
i mean he was in 1st when we raced, not the whole time, his truck downshifted from second into first (he left it in D) and then we went...it kind of came out wrong the way i said it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread