GT500 Will Kill GT350 Prices, No?

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
All that stuff getting done and the shop doesn’t even have one of the car keys? That’s weird lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have 2 red keys and 1 black key (which keeps car in valet mode). Which key do you think I leave shops? :) Not weird.

blown93302

Established Member
have a nice life bro. That hate is gonna get you far. I'm leaving this site. Don't stick around sites that allow members to make physical threats towards other people. Not cool. I don't even know you. Good bye SVT Forum.

this is what we've all been waiting for :)

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I think the issue is this...you can't even come close to getting an "R" at MSRP. The 500 will make getting an R at MSRP MUCH MUCH easier. No way people will pay a premium for an R with the 500 giving you the actual value at the inflated R premiums.

Doubt it. Different cars. Any change in R pricing is just because the car is continuing to be built and therefore more units are available. R guy and 500 guy not looking for the same thing.

Without getting into other details, the blower alone should be an easy indicator on that. There are other substantive differences between the cars people at least claim to buy cars based on...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Same car, 200+ more power, better tranny, better breaks...it's like GT350 on steroids! Why would anyone want a 350 now? Other than price. I always shook my head at guys paying over MSRP for the GT350R's...well with the GT500 coming, now the damn R's will come back down to earth. The Hellcat owners all feel butt hurt by the Demon, but at least they can sleep at night knowing the Demon is just a single purpose drag car...not as good all around driver as the Hellcat. But Ford basically made a much better track weapon with the GT500. Has to hurt. Doesn't it?

How long are you going to keep harping on that?? You claim to have a new Demon, but you keep hanging around in GT350 forums. Salty much? Are you mad that GT350/GT350R owners don't give a single damn about Hellcats/Demons being faster in a straight line?

Buy a car you like for a price you think is worth it and stop worrying about it. Christ, half the discussion on this board is debates about what the value of the 350 is, what it will be, how people can get MSRP or what amount above. Just buy the flippin car that you think fits your budget and your needs and stop obsessing about it. ...

Having said all that, I think Ford is in a bit of a jam here. They can't sell the 500 for at or less than the R (certainly not the 350 base) and if they run into 6 figures, they're probably not going to sell very many.

They can price it around where the R is, and frankly I think it would destroy the value of the R's, in a big way. It doesn't lend confidence that there's rumors they may discontinue the 350. Ford may just be deciding to send condolence letters to everyone who bought an R at $XXX above MSRP.

A bunch of people will be ass hurt by having to admit to themselves that they bought too early in the 350 and so there'll be all the typical rationalizations...the 350 is more balanced, the 350 is more pure, blah blah blah. With what I've seen, it appears the 500 is going to go around the track faster. That remains to be seen. But if that's the case, the pricing point will definitely endanger the value of the Rs.

I think the base model 350's are relatively safe because the pricing is already depressed. People that could have dumped their 350 in favor of an R upgrade have pretty much already done so. Granted, the 500 will be a bigger step up in performance, but I don't see the base 350 pricing taking it on the chin as much as the R models.

I think most of the worrying about the cost of GT350s comes from people who can't or don't want to pay for one. The high price of new entry also affects the used market. Used GT350s are still selling for near MSRP, and they don't like it.

I'm confused why you would think Ford is even remotely worried about pricing the new GT500 where the GT350 is/was. Never going to happen! The new GT500 will probably base at $75K. Even if Ford priced it at $100K, they'd probably still be able to sell every one of them. The GT350/GT350R got the attention of high end sports car shoppers. Those same shoppers no doubt have their eyes and ears open for what the GT500 will bring to the table. It's high time that Ford move the Mustang further up market.

I couldn't disagree more. The reason the 500 is more of a threat to the R's is price point. If someone could afford the R, most likely they'd already be driving one. Very few people skipped out on it just because they didn't see the additional value (I'm one of the few). I can afford an R, I just didn't see a commensurate upgrade in performance for $30k more. I bought my 350 track pack slightly used (7k miles) for $52k. I couldn't find a used R for anywhere NEAR that.

You could afford a new R but opted for a used Track Pack? You seem about as salty as OP about the prices.

I can see prices going down on both the 350 & 350R as the GT500 is released as its already been happening. If you look hard enough you can find an R for MSRP, or slightly over, which was impossible just a few months ago. Same thing happens to most models when the latest and greatest comes out. Time will tell.

I seriously doubt you'll find any dealers selling Rs at MSRP. GT350 prices might be taking a minor hit right now, but it has zero to do with the vaporware GT500. It's the middle of winter. Sports car sales always take a hit in the winter.

Those saying the R's and 350s won't get hurt hard, answer me this...

What about the 350 will be superior to the 500?

These aren't apples to oranges cars. The 500 is the SAME car as the 350, with more power, better brakes, better tranny AND 2 more years of Ford engineers tuning / dialing the car in. Yeah, it won't hurt the 350 values at all...PAH-LEASE.

Guys that thing the 350R is gonna be some long term collectible remind me of the dudes that were paying 20K over for the Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition. Constantly justifying how it was the best handling mustang ever, etc. Sure for it's time. Now it's a joke considering what's available. Same way the 305R will be "yeah, cool...but the new..." in just a year or two.

I know it sucks to buy a car for 70-90K hoping it will hold it's value for a long time. It's gonna plummet. Here's why...

The 2019 GT500 will most likely be $75-80K. Expect it to be priced just Below Demon and just above ZL1 1LE. Now who in their right mind would pay anywhere near 75K for a 350R with the GT500 coming in at the same? Nah, keep that extra 200 horsepower and better everything...I'll stick with the R. Not. Happening.

Does the 911 Turbo S affect GT3 prices? Not in the least. Does the 911 Turbo S perform as well as the GT3? Just about, but it doesn't feel anywhere near as agile and precise as a GT3. The Turbo S is actually faster than the GT3 on longer, less technical tracks. That fact still doesn't affect GT3 sales or prices. It'll no doubt be the exact same with the GT500 and GT350/GT350R. Two different cars that accomplish the same task differently. The GT500 will be faster on longer, less technical tracks. In any case, it won't feel anywhere near as scalpel-like as the GT350R, thanks to it being nose heavy and having a supercharger. Just look at how the GT350R keeps taking the overall win against the ZL1 in reviews. It's simply a better driving car. Putting up the fastest lap time isn't what it's always about.

You may see that as me trying to justify my R, but it's not. My R will stay right where it is in the garage, and the new GT500 will be added alongside it, if I like what I see. But I'm going to be holding out for a GT500R/GT500KR variant.

... I'm in my apartment, with Demon keys. ...

Priorities are all in order, I see.

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
have a nice life bro. That hate is gonna get you far. I'm leaving this site. Don't stick around sites that allow members to make physical threats towards other people. Not cool. I don't even know you. Good bye SVT Forum.

Hey Chris, would this be the first time you left a forum before you were permanently banned?

Booky

Established Member
I have 2 red keys and 1 black key (which keeps car in valet mode). Which key do you think I leave shops? :) Not weird.

Again, this shows how much the OP knows about the cars his trust funds have purchased.
OP had a Hellcat and now claims to have a Demon and thinks a Black Key is required to keep the car in valet mode. :rolleyes:

You can have any key, press valet on the touchscreen, enter a 4 digit code, and valet mode is enabled. Until you unlock the valet mode with your secret 4 digit code, the car remains in Valet mode.

I know because I have used mine several times.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I have a private spot that's mine where I keep the car. Probably the best spot in this city. Never a door ding or worry. Here's my spot when my Cat was in it. Any more questions I can answer. Sipping on a glass of Louis XIII right now...need to see that bottle too? :) View attachment 1458983
since i like booze...yes

well then..i was clearly still reading lol

Booky

Established Member
Ask me anywhere to hold my Demon keys in my apartment right now. Fool. I just said I'm not sharing photos of car until it's done. God, the hate runs through you bro. Why so angry. You think I am lying?

If you are not sharing photos of your Demon until it's done, why did you create this thread at Hellcat.org and post photos of what you claimed was your Demon?

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/demonkid-gets-his-demon.157449/

MG0h3

Established Member
Booky posted a link of him claiming a red one is his and he posted a white one here. So either he has two or....

edit misread. That was his HC

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I saw that t
Booky posted a link of him claiming a red one is his and he posted a white one here. So either he has two or....

edit misread. That was his HC
I saw that, I guess I need to go through some history on here when I get time.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know why anyone would want this new GT500.

Um.... what? I want the new GT500 because it’s going to be the baddest mustang yet. I suspect a lot of other people want one too for similar reasons. I don’t know why anyone would not want one.

Drewsky65

Established Member
Back to the original post here...

I think this is true, I hate to say it but yes. Once big brother is out the 350 will be less desirable. I hate to say this but it’s the hard truth. I posted here in this section recently about trading my 13 500 for a 17 avalanche grey 350 that I am still in love with. My number one reason is that I didn’t want to be underwater in the car within 12 months from today. I have enough for a decent down payment plus my trade in and still I think the 350s will be selling for far less by November/December. HOWEVER I may use this to my advantage and buy one at this point :) the 2019 500’s will be selling for 100k+ for the first year or two ( at least here in AZ they will). The main reason they will drop in price is the fact that the new 500 will prolly smoke the 350R on the track, which is crazy to say honestly but also the hard truth. It will not be a one trick pony like the past and or any hellcat. The 350 will be a “track” only car and the 500 will be a “ drag and track” car that will post better numbers in both.

The 350 will hold its specialty by its voodoo sound. That will be the thing that it’s rerembered for down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread