GT500 Will Kill GT350 Prices, No?

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Same car, 200+ more power, better tranny, better breaks...it's like GT350 on steroids! Why would anyone want a 350 now? Other than price. I always shook my head at guys paying over MSRP for the GT350R's...well with the GT500 coming, now the damn R's will come back down to earth. The Hellcat owners all feel butt hurt by the Demon, but at least they can sleep at night knowing the Demon is just a single purpose drag car...not as good all around driver as the Hellcat. But Ford basically made a much better track weapon with the GT500. Has to hurt. Doesn't it?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
The GT350 is still a desirable car. I don’t think it will be affected much actually. The GT500 willl cost more than the GT350 will cost less if that makes any sense.

MG0h3

Established Member
Didn’t you just complain that you paid 100k for 34rwhp more than a hellcat? Pretty expensive fender flares!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

s1ten

Established Member
Didn’t you just complain that you paid 100k for 34rwhp more than a hellcat? Pretty expensive fender flares!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

If he even owns one....I don't post much about my mustangs on Dodge forums. I try not to feed the trolls no matter how hungry they are.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Not so sure about the R going down. But the regular gt350 will likely take a hit.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Not so sure about the R going down. But the regular gt350 will likely take a hit.

The R is a car that will no doubt appreciate long term. However, i predict it wont be hard to find one at or slightly under MSRP very very soon.

That would be the time to buy IMO.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The R is a car that will no doubt appreciate long term. However, i predict it wont be hard to find one at or slightly under MSRP very very soon.

No.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bet?

EDIT: Here's one at MSRP right now.

I do want to bet, but not about what you think I do.

1.) That's a 2017 leftover.
2.) It may or may not actually be for sale at MSRP...some dealers have all their inventory listed at MSRP.

The R is a car that will no doubt appreciate long term.

I want to bet that it appreciates.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I do want to bet, but not about what you think I do.

1.) That's a 2017 leftover.
2.) It may or may not actually be for sale at MSRP...some dealers have all their inventory listed at MSRP.

I want to bet that it appreciates.

You dont think it will appreciate long term?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Im sure youll be able to find one sitting at MSRP or slightly lower. More than likely youll have to travel for it. But if you really want one at a good price it will be worth it. If i was in the market for one id be looking for a dealer willing to sell it for $500 over invoice and drive it home.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Im sure youll be able to find one sitting at MSRP or slightly lower. More than likely youll have to travel for it. But if you really want one at a good price it will be worth it. If i was in the market for one id be looking for a dealer willing to sell it for $500 over invoice and drive it home.

Give me a break haha

You wouldn't be in the market for one if you were only willing to pay $500 over invoice.

That's like someone saying "I would sure buy your new truck if you'd sell it to me for $30k, if not I'm just going to keep looking".

@Zemedici lol

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
So what do u do take breaks from playing Xbox and post threads about cars u will never afford? dude stop talking like u actually own something. ur a ****ing TROLL living in ur moms basement. STFU!

Same car, 200+ more power, better tranny, better breaks...it's like GT350 on steroids! Why would anyone want a 350 now? Other than price. I always shook my head at guys paying over MSRP for the GT350R's...well with the GT500 coming, now the damn R's will come back down to earth. The Hellcat owners all feel butt hurt by the Demon, but at least they can sleep at night knowing the Demon is just a single purpose drag car...not as good all around driver as the Hellcat. But Ford basically made a much better track weapon with the GT500. Has to hurt. Doesn't it?

ANGREY

Established Member
First off, who cares. I get it. Some people buy these cars as an investment. I'm not big on the idea, but whatevs, to each his own. A pretty well known youtuber put it brilliantly "so let me get this straight, you don't want to drive the car because you don't want to put miles on it to keep the value up. That's about as dumb as saying you don't want to **** your wife because you want to keep her ****** tight for the next guy she marries."

Buy a car you like for a price you think is worth it and stop worrying about it. Christ, half the discussion on this board is debates about what the value of the 350 is, what it will be, how people can get MSRP or what amount above. Just buy the flippin car that you think fits your budget and your needs and stop obsessing about it. I bought my 350 with the intent of driving it (A LOT) and flogging it and keeping it for a long time. If you're always concerned about the next best thing coming out, you're in for a very long, stressful life. There's always going to be better models that come out and make what you have obsolete. Welcome to 21st century progress. Products are not just getting better, but rapidly.

Having said all that, I think Ford is in a bit of a jam here. They can't sell the 500 for at or less than the R (certainly not the 350 base) and if they run into 6 figures, they're probably not going to sell very many.

They can price it around where the R is, and frankly I think it would destroy the value of the R's, in a big way. It doesn't lend confidence that there's rumors they may discontinue the 350. Ford may just be deciding to send condolence letters to everyone who bought an R at $XXX above MSRP.

It doesn't help that the 500 APPEARS to be more a competitor to the ZL1 and not the muscle car competitor to the MOPAR retards. Ceramic brakes, IRS, etc. That doesn't speak muscle, that speaks muscular with a track focus.

A bunch of people will be ass hurt by having to admit to themselves that they bought too early in the 350 and so there'll be all the typical rationalizations...the 350 is more balanced, the 350 is more pure, blah blah blah. With what I've seen, it appears the 500 is going to go around the track faster. That remains to be seen. But if that's the case, the pricing point will definitely endanger the value of the Rs.

I think the base model 350's are relatively safe because the pricing is already depressed. People that could have dumped their 350 in favor of an R upgrade have pretty much already done so. Granted, the 500 will be a bigger step up in performance, but I don't see the base 350 pricing taking it on the chin as much as the R models.

At the end of the day, be happy with what you bought, drive the hell out of it, be honest with yourself and enjoy your purchase. If you're currently in the market, then it's a wait and see game.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Give me a break haha

You wouldn't be in the market for one if you were only willing to pay $500 over invoice.

That's like someone saying "I would sure buy your new truck if you'd sell it to me for $30k, if not I'm just going to keep looking".

@Zemedici lol

You would be surprised. People said said the same thing about the GT500. Just cause you would not sell one for that doesnt mean deals arent out there.

Users who are viewing this thread