GT500 Used Value?

bandit_48032

Established Member
So I have been saving and saving and saving and saving for an 03/04 Cobra and now that their has been a body change, and the GT500, I think I might just save some more!

So what do you think these cars are gonna go for within the next couple of years after they have been bought and driven.

for example.....

07 Shelby GT500 with 15k-25k miles and 30k-50k miles? (in the 07 and 08 year)

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
how much have you saved up?? :) i think maybe 1 year or so down the line a used GT500 you can get for i would say 34ish? IMO that is.

bandit_48032

Established Member
I think I would be able to pick one up for 34ish, lets just hope the mileage is closer to 15k-25k than 30-50k though! haha

bandit_48032

Established Member
Mid 30's is promising I guess. Wish they were a hell of a lot cheaper, but I guess you get what you pay for!

drmustang

Banned
The price of used unit will be determined by what a new one one can be purchased for during the next 2-3 years. MSRP pricing is soon to be the norm, discounting to follow.

Mid thirties on a clean low mile car in a year is a good bet.

The insurance and debt levels of these cars will limit the number of new buyers and also promote a higher than average turnover rate which is certain with these type of cars.

The used selling prices on these GT500s will be much more palatable to the mainstay Mustanger in 12-18 mos. 45 grand for a Mustang regardless of HP #s is wildly out sync with the budget of the majority of Mustang enthusiasts.

Last edited:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I think you might be able to get one for mid thirties if you look hard enough. Around the same time you will be able to get an 03-04 for under 20.

bubbrubb

Just a question for you guys.. do you think that the people that payed over sticker will influence the market price of the car to be higher since they won't want to sell the car at a price where they will lose as much money? Just something to think about...

Willie

Established Member
....do you think that the people that payed over sticker will influence the market price of the car to be higher....

No. The basis for used car values have always been dictated from the base MSRP (with no options). It has nothing to do with "market adjustments".

....since they won't want to sell the car at a price where they will lose as much money?

Basically anyone who pays over retail is screwed when it comes to depreciation. Depreciation is always calculated from base MSRP, not the "premium" a buyer is willing to pay.

Based on this fact, the 2007 C6 Z06 is a far better value with it's base MSRP of $69,175. In one year's time when the '07 GT500 will be valued in the high 30k to low 40k, the Z06 will be in the low 60k range.

Willie

Last edited:

bluestreak89

Established Member
Actually people are still selling the 06' Z06's used for 65-75k but this is due to the fact that it's still not so easy to find a new one at MSRP unless you preordered for 08's

Zalec

Established Member
chuckstang said:
I think we are still about 2-4 years away from low mile terms going for under 20k imo

i saw one last week on ebay with the buy it now for $7200 in Iowa.

Users who are viewing this thread