GT500 Used Value?

PJM99

Established Member
you can probably buy them new for a fair price in a few years.

drmustang

Banned
Zalec said:
i saw one last week on ebay with the buy it now for $7200 in Iowa.
They would gladly grab 72 thousand for a used Z06, that is far from a bargain. They have been selling these cars for the sticker price for a good while now. Forget 72K. A few grand more buys a new 07.
The used low mile 06 Z06s can be found on the Corvette board with asking prices from 64-70K. There are a bunch of the cars listed there with more added daily.

adamb258

Established Member
drmustang said:
They would gladly grab 72 thousand for a used Z06, that is far from a bargain. They have been selling these cars for the sticker price for a good while now. Forget 72K. A few grand more buys a new 07.
The used low mile 06 Z06s can be found on the Corvette board with asking prices from 64-70K. There are a bunch of the cars listed there with more added daily.

he said 7,200 not 72,000

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
terminator

I bought an early 03 cobra and paid $2500 over sticker. I then bought a late production 04 and paid invoice for it. I predict the 07, when prices fall to MSRP, a used unit will bring 60% of msrp when traded in. If you bought an 07 at list, you still maybe able to get 90% of your money running into next summer on a privare sale. Your best buy will be a late model 03-04 Cobra from sometime to come. Scott

Last edited:

Willie

Established Member
Here's a new GT500 selling for under MSRP:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...al&car_year=2007&max_price=80000&cardist=1220

And I'm sure there are others out there that I'm not aware of. So today a new one is selling for $41k and I bet the deals will get even better in the months to come. So what will a used one be worth in one or two years? This reinforces my earlier statement that dealer markups have nothing to do with future used values. I'm sticking to what I stated earlier; they will probably be worth somewhere in the $35k range.

Willie

Last edited:

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
my dealership has sold 2, one was part of our allocation, the other was a power lease cust.(which he let me drive it yesterday...tuned...BAD ASS).

for as many that have been built. where the hell are they??

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
my dealership has sold 2, one was part of our allocation, the other was a power lease cust.(which he let me drive it yesterday...tuned...BAD ASS).

for as many that have been built. where the hell are they??

Sitting in !#^#$^#ing collectors' garages... *grumble*

goingup

Established Member
The problem with every mustang I have ever had was selling them.
Nobody wants to pay much for a used mustang/cobra.
But when they are new evrybody pays too much.

Jackie Chan

Established Member
Willie said:
Here's a new GT500 selling for under MSRP:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...al&car_year=2007&max_price=80000&cardist=1220

And I'm sure there are others out there that I'm not aware of. So today a new one is selling for $41k and I bet the deals will get even better in the months to come. So what will a used one be worth in one or two years? This reinforces my earlier statement that dealer markups have nothing to do with future used values. I'm sticking to what I stated earlier; they will probably be worth somewhere in the $35k range.

Willie
im guessing that is a pricing mistake. as a dealer, i know i could get msrp 1000 times over from another dealer

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
those cobras will not get 50k miles in 1-2 years ... those cars i doubt are ganna see 30 in 2 years... exept a few daily drivers.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
goingup said:
The problem with every mustang I have ever had was selling them.
Nobody wants to pay much for a used mustang/cobra.
But when they are new evrybody pays too much.
That has never been my experience...and I have sold a LOT of Mustangs/Cobras. They sell fast and for what I believe to be a good price as compared to what I paid. The used Mustangs I have owned always sold for more than I paid, and the new ones sold for 6%-11% less than my out the door cost.

Now with that being said...the resale price is relative to how well the car has been kept and it's desireability. My used cars have always been improved upon, and the new ones have always been kept immaculate.:-D

Jackie Chan

Established Member
as far as mustang resale, i purchased my 01 gt vert for 20k, drove it for 3.5 years and 30k miles and sold it for 14.5k. I could have gotten more but didnt have time to keep looking for a buyer. thats pretty damn good resale

Black1999Cobra

Rollin' with the top down
Established Member
chuckstang said:
I think we are still about 2-4 years away from low mile terms going for under 20k imo

I had found one on autotrader for $19,500 (in Kentucky)...a silver with 30K miles. If I had a bit more $$...I would have bought it for sure. Needless to say, but it was gone in less than 1 week. Had pictures and everything...it was a true SVT.

It that the norm? NOPE! But I think they will start dropping a bit more...thats what I am waiting for.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
chuckstang said:
I think we are still about 2-4 years away from low mile terms going for under 20k imo

That would work out about right. I'll have both the Lightning and the wife's car paid for by then!!!!

PACETTR

Established Member
Values on used cars will mirror values on their new counterparts. If prices stay at or above MSRP, used values will stay just below. If they come down below MSRP, used values will stay just below. When the 05's were still high, used ones would bring MSRP at auctions because there was enough demand that people were willing to pay just to get one. We traded for an 05 with 19(k) miles a few days ago for 19750. MSRP new was about 28000. I don't see the GT500's dipping under $40000 for quite some time, at least a year. When they fall below $35000, the Terms will take a nosedive.

Someone said they would be at 60% of MSRP in 2-3 years; Terms haven't even done that yet...:bash:

Jackie Chan

Established Member
PACETTR said:
Values on used cars will mirror values on their new counterparts. If prices stay at or above MSRP, used values will stay just below. If they come down below MSRP, used values will stay just below. When the 05's were still high, used ones would bring MSRP at auctions because there was enough demand that people were willing to pay just to get one. We traded for an 05 with 19(k) miles a few days ago for 19750. MSRP new was about 28000. I don't see the GT500's dipping under $40000 for quite some time, at least a year. When they fall below $35000, the Terms will take a nosedive.

Someone said they would be at 60% of MSRP in 2-3 years; Terms haven't even done that yet...:bash:
you are very correct, the new car market definitely drives u/c values.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
I'd bet you'll see the used shelby's hit around 35k when they've been around long enough to have 30k miles on them. Terminators are already pretty close to 20k used. I don't see them taking a nose dive in value just because shelby's fall in value to more than the terminators cost new. Plus the 04 terms will still be the LAST official SVT car made.

Users who are viewing this thread