GT500 Stripe Delete ...

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
I removed the factory 4" white rally stripes and white rocker stripes to get the car ready for the new 10" matte black stripes and matte rocker stripes. Well today i had the car buffed/polished to remove any imperfections the factory stripes may have left and now im liking the stripe less look.

N1HTHNt.jpg

Xy0pMGw.jpg

auPbIrr.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Stripes tend to make the car look narrower than it really is.

Your car looks much cleaner without them and won't be the beacon of attention that it once was (law enforcement, kids, etc). I'd keep it clean and work on the stance, lowering it just a little from where it is now.

Regardless, nice ride.

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
Stripes tend to make the car look narrower than it really is.

Your car looks much cleaner without them and won't be the beacon of attention that it once was (law enforcement, kids, etc). I'd keep it clean and work on the stance, lowering it just a little from where it is now.

Regardless, nice ride.

Thanks for your input brother. Springs, LCA's and Panhard will he here next week.

04Cobra03

Established Member
I like them both ways but it does look really good without. May as well leave it. You can always add the black ones later

Geno-04

Established Member
I would leave it as is rite now. Car looks 100x better IMO....either way very nice car.

MG0h3

Established Member
Car looks much better without the stripes.

On the other hand, Sinultros' car looks great with the stripes. Maybe partly because his are wider?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I've always hated the striped on the GT500s. There's a local guy who has a DSGish(I don't know what they called it in 2014) GT500 without stripes that looks so damn perfect!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I prefer with wider stripes.

My question is this, on a car with a $55k+ price tag, why are the stripes vinyl and not painted on? So people can remove them if they want? I remember going to a Ford dealer and seeing several V6's with the vinyl peeling on brand new cars. If I paid that much for a GT500 and had trouble with the vinyl I'd go ape shit!

Users who are viewing this thread