GT500 SS Info-- HOLY SH** !!!!!

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
:D Check this out straight out of SAI:
Las Vegas – April 27, 2007 – Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500’s into fire breathing “Super Snake” coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements to the Ford Shelby GT500’s handling, styling and power; tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.

“My team at Shelby Automobiles is always working on new ways to build better performing cars” said Carroll Shelby. “I told them that I wanted to build a vehicle that could blow the doors off of most anything on the planet. By partnering with Ford Racing, we’re giving enthusiasts a Mustang with that level of performance.”

Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine package specifically for the car.

“Mustang enthusiasts are demanding more from both Ford Racing and Shelby Autos” said Jamie Allison, Manager of Ford Racing Performance Group. “The GT500 Super Snake package, with its higher horsepower levels and balanced track-inspired tuning, satisfies those demands and then some … in a uniquely Ford – Shelby way.”

In 1967, Shelby American built one 427-powered GT500 “Super Snake” for Mel Burns Ford. Carroll Shelby drove it at the Goodyear test track for tire promotion film production. That car reached lap speeds of over 150 mph and a top speed of 170 mph. The new Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake will be equally potent.

“The name ‘Super Snake’ is legendary because the one that Shelby built was the pinnacle of muscle cars in 1967,” added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. “We’re bringing that concept forward 40 years for customers who own a Ford Shelby GT500. We’ll give their car amazing new capabilities.”

Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the GT500 Super Snake package which will include:
• Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit (SuperPack 600) producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
• Ford Racing performance exhaust system
• Ford Racing Handling Pack offering unique performance suspension tuning including Dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
• Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels
• Ford Racing short-throw shifter
• Baer 6 piston brakes with Shelby cast calipers and larger rotors
• Front brake cooling ducts
• Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby design
• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid
• 'Super Snake' vehicle badging
• Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats, and other Shelby designed components
• Official Shelby CSM dash plate

In addition, while the full Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the Super Snake package will be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing starting in June.

Linky, more pix coming soon:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7852

1st Pic (for you lazy folks) :rollseyes

Crap, pic won't take! Go to the link! Sorry...

This is gonna be a kicka** machine! Sign me up!!! :pepper:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
any idea on price?

i bet one could do the same thing for a 1/4 of their price, no its not the official shelby ss, but who cares cars are meant to be driven not evaluated!

just saw a small pic....the red and black looks sick(great)!!!!

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Sure would be great if Shelby bought the cars from Ford, modified them, and sold them directly from the Shelby factory as used cars. Then there wouldn't be any dealer ADM's. Only Shelby ADM's:lol: :( . And you can only imagine how much they would be (insert bent over emoticon here)

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
From what I understand, if you have a GT500 it can be sent to SAI for the mods. So, if this turns out to be true, there would be no ADM (except if you pay the dealer ADM on the '500, of course, when you purchase the car). I could be wrong on this, but my take on this is that it's gonna be this way.
Also, I have no freakin' idea on price, but, IMO, this car could be hotter than the KR (more HP, full warranty even @ 600HP, modified by SAI instead of Ford). I think this will be one mean mother. Now I just have to get my greasy paws on a '500!!!
God, I hope it's true. If these are sold through dealers, it's pork city...
Maybe Ford will agree that it should go through SAI. That way, the rest of us can enjoy the KR without the pie-in-the-sky ADMs of the KR (fingers crossed)...
Another thing, I wonder if they'll do a 'vert? I need a 'vert!

stang22

Established Member
crispy23c said:
From what I understand, if you have a GT500 it can be sent to SAI for the mods. So, if this turns out to be true, there would be no ADM (except if you pay the dealer ADM on the '500, of course, when you purchase the car). I could be wrong on this, but my take on this is that it's gonna be this way.
Also, I have no freakin' idea on price, but, IMO, this car could be hotter than the KR (more HP, full warranty even @ 600HP, modified by SAI instead of Ford). I think this will be one mean mother. Now I just have to get my greasy paws on a '500!!!
God, I hope it's true. If these are sold through dealers, it's pork city...
Maybe Ford will agree that it should go through SAI. That way, the rest of us can enjoy the KR without the pie-in-the-sky ADMs of the KR (fingers crossed)...
Another thing, I wonder if they'll do a 'vert? I need a 'vert!
How about a KR with a SuperSnake pkg installed? That would be the rarest and baddest (of all the current Shelbys), if I've been lucky enough to get a KR at a decent price. What exactly are the differences between the SS and KR besides HP anyways?

Fourcam330

Established Member
MT, yes possibly the worst source ever reg. Ford, claims ~$10k for the SS upgrades.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
MT, yes possibly the worst source ever reg. Ford, claims ~$10k for the SS upgrades.

Oh, c'mon. How could that be? It would have more stuff than the KR and cost less. I definitely call BS on that. As you said, dude...worst source ever!
I think this will be a KR on steroids, if that's possible. Kind of like the '67 GT500 SS was with the 427. Sick...

eci

Banned
Holy Shit, Shelby can bolt FRPP parts on!! Why is this big news? One thing I noticed as well was *zero* information on addressing the rear suspension and the ability to use stated power.

Looks uninspired....how much thought went into this car? Looks like Amy logged onto the FRPP parts, clicked "Add to Cart" a few times, then "Checkout".

It would be a better idea to buy the same parts, and have a respectable shop install them. Shelby is WAY too high volume to have an eye for quality with 08 GT-H verts, 07 Shelby GT's, KR's, and now these...

69b302

Established Member
Very nice to have more options. I think the price and performance gains needs to be clear. I am considering a Evo or Steeda upgrade and have been waiting for this information on these upgrades. No pricing yet, but hearing talk of 15k. Looks like the HP gains will be very expensive going thru Roush or SAI. After market is after market, if the car was not born that way it all the same. Looks like Evo or Steeda will get an order soon.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
stang22 said:
How about a KR with a SuperSnake pkg installed? That would be the rarest and baddest (of all the current Shelbys), if I've been lucky enough to get a KR at a decent price. What exactly are the differences between the SS and KR besides HP anyways?

THAT would be rare. Hey....can I have a loan? :lol:
She said they would be doing that, and 'verts as well.
GET THIS: they said they are looking at a satellite site for East Coast installs!!!! If that happens, it sure would make it ALOT easier for me! :pepper:

Now, about that loan :rollseyes

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
eci said:
Holy Shit, Shelby can bolt FRPP parts on!! Why is this big news? One thing I noticed as well was *zero* information on addressing the rear suspension and the ability to use stated power.

Looks uninspired....how much thought went into this car? Looks like Amy logged onto the FRPP parts, clicked "Add to Cart" a few times, then "Checkout".

It would be a better idea to buy the same parts, and have a respectable shop install them. Shelby is WAY too high volume to have an eye for quality with 08 GT-H verts, 07 Shelby GT's, KR's, and now these...

Dude, I'm not calling you out, but...why the slam?
We don't even know price yet. I'm excited. Let's see how it comps out vs buying FRPP parts first, ya know?
I just love that the SS is coming back!
PS, about the rear end, I know there are suspension mods, and 10" tires going on the rear for better traction...

eci

Banned
Shelby Fever is more contagious than HIV. It doesn't matter what this package costs, people will pay 10, 20, 30, 40 thousand dollars for it.

stang22

Established Member
crispy23c said:
THAT would be rare. Hey....can I have a loan? :lol:
She said they would be doing that, and 'verts as well.
GET THIS: they said they are looking at a satellite site for East Coast installs!!!! If that happens, it sure would make it ALOT easier for me! :pepper:

Now, about that loan :rollseyes
East Coast for me too! I wonder if some of those installers are the ones I see on the SAI site for the cobras,etc.? Cousin owns Big Ford Dealership.;-) Would be a great future investment for sure through SAI and hold its value versus other aftermarkets.

Last edited:

try03venom

Established Member
ok can someone tell me what actually does Shelby do to a new GT500 when it arrives from Ford to make it a Shelby GT500???
Stripes,Badges,and what else?

eci

Banned
try03venom said:
ok can someone tell me what actually does Shelby do to a new GT500 when it arrives from Ford to make it a Shelby GT500???
Stripes,Badges,and what else?

Shelby has nothing to do with the GT500. Ford SVT designed and engineered the GT500, and then they are built on the standard production line all Mustangs go down. They are made solely by Ford and shipped directly to Ford dealers. The car was supposed to be the 2007 SVT Cobra, but ended up a "Shelby" to create additional hype and promote the Mustang "heritage".

Shelby does the GT-H, the GT, and the KR as "new" vehicles. Ford sends them cars and they install FRPP parts and Shelby badges on them. Then they do the SS and 40th "packages" to already purchased cars.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Interesting, I like it because perhaps you can buy these parts individually and still retain your factory warranty ???

too many questions and too little answers!

Users who are viewing this thread