GT500 SS Info-- HOLY SH** !!!!!

Jroc

Established Member
I guess Ford will now lead the HP wars between the big three. :thumbsup:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
eci said:
As of 2007, Chevy is winning. 2008.. 600HP Viper FROM THE FACTORY!

did ford not build a 07 ford gt? did production stop in 06? my feeling is that with a 500hp mustang and a 550hp supercar, ford has the horsepower title as of now.

Fourcam330

Established Member
eci said:

What part of '08 is the revised Viper slated for release? Depending on how early or late in the year, the GT500KR may take the HP/TQ trophy from Chevy until the Viper arrives. A year later it will be back to Chevy for the 700hp+ LS9. Ford Fans keep your fingers crossed for a twin screw 6.2 Boss.
Dodge's twin screw 6.1 with 600hp (SE) will fit somewhere in there as well.

Fourcam330

Established Member
eci said:

Ford has made 700HP(flywheel) naturally aspirated on mild race gas when testing the 7.0L Boss mules. There are two such motors running around D-town in S-197s.

Fourcam330

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Oh, c'mon. How could that be? It would have more stuff than the KR and cost less. I definitely call BS on that. As you said, dude...worst source ever!
I think this will be a KR on steroids, if that's possible. Kind of like the '67 GT500 SS was with the 427. Sick...

I'd think they'd charge a minimum of $15k with $20k not being out of the question.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Super! More mustangs I can't afford right now.
I guess it is all good, but who are they marketing to on this? BabyBoomers? 6-figure income households?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
I guess it is all good, but who are they marketing to on this? BabyBoomers? 6-figure income households?

or people that have not spent all thier money on the lastest toys(cars/trucks) every other year.:idea: 1k bucks a month for 20 years equalls a million dollars in savings. more than enough to pay cash for a new shelby.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the current super duty has two turbos not twin turbos. and fourcam is talking about fourcasted mustang engine in a couple years a n/a 6.2 boss motor.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
if i had rthe cash id be all over it but im not paying over 35K for a mustang ... i dont care how fast it is... it can be built better for less

Jroc

Established Member
eci said:

It says that you will be able to get a 725 HP GT500 SS, but it wont have a warrenty with it.

The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements to the Ford Shelby GT500’s handling, styling and power; tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
rmgtc01 said:

Ford is bleeding the Baby Boomer generation dry. One last hooray if you will, before they get too old. Baby Boomers are one of the most influential buying powers right now and all smart businesses are catering to their wants. That is why we are seeing some of the most expensive Mustangs in history and of course that is why all the old names are back (Bullitt, Mach 1, GT-40. . . errr Ford GT, Shelby and its many derivatives, Charger, Boss, Hemi, and of course the retro styling of them all. . . . minus the Bullitt.) Ford knows the Baby Boomers will shell out big bucks to capture a piece of their history that a lot of them weren't able to enjoy the first time around. Ford's marketing department knows what they are doing. Of course the Baby Boomer generation's influence is waning which means car manufacturers will be catering to a younger generation with different tastes and, individually speaking, smaller bank accounts. Hopefully this will mean less price gouging. That is the future though and for now we have to put up with the high numbers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread