GT500 Price will be...

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Ford is really gonna outsmart themselves on this GT500 thing. At a time when you can walk onto a lot in many places in the US and buy a brand new C6 Corvette for $40K and they want 45K+ for the GT500??? So, for $45K...I can get a brand new C6 with H/C/I and an upgraded component sound system or a bone stock GT500 that weighs 800+ pounds more??? Ford better pray for customer loyalty, because, they ain't gonna sell too many based on pure common sense.

drmustang

Banned
Yellow98SVT said:
Ford is really gonna outsmart themselves on this GT500 thing. At a time when you can walk onto a lot in many places in the US and buy a brand new C6 Corvette for $40K and they want 45K+ for the GT500??? So, for $45K...I can get a brand new C6 with H/C/I and an upgraded component sound system or a bone stock GT500 that weighs 800+ pounds more??? Ford better pray for customer loyalty, because, they ain't gonna sell too many based on pure common sense.

I've been sayin that for a year and got blasted every time I did.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
drmustang said:
I've been sayin that for a year and got blasted every time I did.

+ 1 :thumbsup: (when cobra prices start passing vette prices..you have a problem ! I think ford is going to test the water and see if they can sell these thing's.... also ford will be the first to jump ship and say we are going to discontinue cobra's because lack of sales. (kiss) keep it simple stupid !

maybe they can bring back cobra's that are in the 27k to 35k range (doubt it)

mrGT

Established Member
If the C6 is such a good buy, why aren't they all sold out? My guess is that many people say they are going to buy one, but don't. If a C6 is selling for $40K, that ought to be pretty near invoice...why does Chevy have to sell such a fine machine at invoice? Something just doesn't sound right.

But at any rate, with so many saying they are just going to buy a C6, ya'll better hurry before the demand drives the price above MSRP on those critters.

Diggy Moe

Established Member
I think the MSRP of the GT500 and base C6 will be pretty close.I've been saving since the concept was produced.I'll be in a C6 as soon as my 98 supercharged Cobra is sold.I hate to turn my back on Ford but ,.......

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
drmustang said:
There were guys who went out the door near 40 grand with a Terminator and were offered low 20's trade in 12 mos later. You can really get your face kicked in with this stuff.
right and try and trade them in 36+ months later and still get offered low 20's

drmustang

Banned
Corvettes were in the not to distant past more hot rod than sports car. They are now the entry level world class sports car with all the finesse and good not insane straightline acceleration capabilities.

My heart is with the GT500. Most here, including myself, will not consider paying any of the initial markups which are nothing more than a sucker tax for those who can't live without one for a few months. Decision time is when the nonsense evaporates and the prices are sticker or less. Most of us would spend about the same in dollars modding either a GT500 or a C6.

It really comes down to a matter taste. Keep in mind that all these performance cars have a higher than normal turnover rate and a rapidly growing source of low mileage GT500s will be around for the picking at reduced pricing. This market already exists for the C6s and is emerging with the Z06 at an astonishing rate.

Use your head. Buy the car that you like best at a price that you are comfortable with and you'll have years of fun.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have been thinking about selling my cobra and moving to a Zo6, but I have put so much blood and heart into this thing I don't know if I can do it. At least not right now.

chuckstang

Established Member
How many years will it take for a used c6 z06 to drop to $50's????
Ford really just thinks people will buy this car because it has Shelby's name on it and it has a real 500hp motor.

tankerman1981

Established Member
wow....85K would be absolutely ridiculous..... i'd rather be in a new ZO6 than the GT500.... I'd have to agree with most guys here and say bout 45K is what they should go for but hey if they could get an idiot to pay that much go for it...

mrGT

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I have been thinking about selling my cobra and moving to a Zo6, but I have put so much blood and heart into this thing I don't know if I can do it. At least not right now.
You have a classic in the making....and from the pics you post, it looks amazing! Back in 74 I sold my Boss 302 and didn't know how much I regretted it until 10-15 yrs later. THINK before you pull the trigger to sale...but I fully understand the desire to move on and the Z06 is an awesome machine. Good Luck

lfconte

Established Member
Just got this morning's voice-mail...from Bonnell Ford (Ma.), wondering if I was still interested in buying ! I'll post price & details after I return call. Any guesses ? 85K seems WAY too high, I'd think more like 55-60 maybe.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
lfconte said:
Just got this morning's voice-mail...from Bonnell Ford (Ma.), wondering if I was still interested in buying ! I'll post price & details after I return call. Any guesses ? 85K seems WAY too high, I'd think more like 55-60 maybe.
Tell EM: Sticker +00! I just got a call last week from a dealer I talked to back in March. Way back then they said I could have one of theirs for sticker +$10,000. I responded by saying "No thank you, but please call if anything changes". Two days later I found another dealer who was willing to order me a Shelby for sticker +0. The fact that I got a call last week tells me that just maybe they are not bringing the mark-ups the dealers were planning on! :thumbsup:

drmustang

Banned
Jackie Chan said:
you are going to find dealers that will sell at sticker, just very few

Naaaah! No need for anyplace to sell at that price, everbody is going to laydown and pay the "sucker tax". You have 30-40 who will, why won't every other store?

lfconte

Established Member
Just had that conversation with dealer....She "guesses" most in the Northeast will come in @ 10 - 20 K over. That's assuming youv'e GOTTA BE one of the 1st buyers, etc. No thanks, I'll wait while I'm enjoying my '98.

torchred03

Established Member
I talked to a sales manager yesterday here in Fayetteville, NC. He told they had 3 coming in in Aug already sold. He also told he wasn't yet what the MSRP was going to be. But they would selling the 3 for AT LEAST 10K over MSRP. I told him he was crazy, I didn't pay MSRP for my 03 in Aug of 02. He just looked at me like I was crazy. Then I showed him my paper work from when I bought the car, all he has to was well I selling mine for AT LEAST 10K over. Looks like I be waiting until the price comes down, just like it did on the 04's, the GT, and the Mustang GT's. Congrats to all that are buying the first runs, I'll be joining you, just not until the dealerships get the heads out.

Users who are viewing this thread