Gt500 6r80 swap ????

TVS VERT

Established Member
Started the car up last week and got some data logs and revisions done, car is idling and running great , got to drive it a little on the street the circle d and the auto takes a little getting use to, but the auto seems great , shift points are little funky do to tune for 3.15's and car still having 3.73's just waiting for new diff, axles and 3.15 gear swap.

All in all very happy

Randy5.0

Established Member
That's good to hear. I was led to believe it was next to impossible without SCT dealers help and a brand new Ford computer with no VIN. I wish I could talk to you in person to pick your brain.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Oh man, so sorry I'm late to this party....

TVS Vert the Guy in Fl. Steve @ Thunder Autosports did the 6R80 conversion in my Fox back in 2013.
I'm the reference that the Lightning was built after, all of my cars were built at his shop. He's been one of my best friends 25 years running. I think it up and he does it......

I know it's late in process but if you have any questions shoot me

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Bauman said next year some time on their controller. PA said they are waiting on harnesses to come in and should have a part number and price up on their site very shortly.

TVS VERT

Established Member
I've spoke with both PA and bauman on and off for well over a year , and it's always the same song and dance , it's 3-4 weeks out and we will contact you shortly .....I can show you email from early 2014 saying this .

So long story short I got sick of excuses and the run around, so I did it the way Ford should have years ago using all factory Ford parts and PCM, looks as if it came that way from the factory .

From what both PA and Bauman the 6R80 isn't a picnic to control.

Do it the using a Coyote Auto PCM.....you won't be sorry

TVS VERT

Established Member
Just came back from the first actually drive with the car ......All I can say is "Mother of God" , why in gods name Ford didn't offer this in a factory Shelby is beyond me, car truly feels amazing.... The circle D converter puts it right in its sweet spot and just pulls and pulls, no in and out and up and down motion like the manual......fallen in love with the car again .....can't wait to see what it does at the track ;)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Just came back from the first actually drive with the car ......All I can say is "Mother of God" , why in gods name Ford didn't offer this in a factory Shelby is beyond me, car truly feels amazing.... The circle D converter puts it right in its sweet spot and just pulls and pulls, no in and out and up and down motion like the manual......fallen in love with the car again .....can't wait to see what it does at the track ;)
Totally agree based on my time in a buddies TVS/6R/coyote, just pulls and doesn't drop off.
Looking forward to seeing vids, congrats on completing the project!
-J
:beer:

slowbra1

Established Member
Totally agree based on my time in a buddies TVS/6R/coyote, just pulls and doesn't drop off.
Looking forward to seeing vids, congrats on completing the project!
-J
:beer:

This would be a great addition to the GT500, I cannot believe no-one on the planet can do a stand alone controller for our cars.

Maybe just go the TVSvert route and get a computer from an auto GT and do the swap that way.

TVS VERT

Established Member
Its very detailed, but nothing any shop or well versed car guy cant tackle......once i get a few free hrs in the evening ill do it up.....just never took a lot of photos along way just wanted to get it done ASAP......i dont have the mad photos skills of TOB lol

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
After speaking with bauman and PCS....they informed me that the only controller on the way is for coyote swapped vehicles. I really cannot understand why they need a controller for a coyote swap? Wouldn't you just use the damn coyote computer? WTF is wrong with these people? Please give us a short write up on what you did and post the link in here. I have all the parts sitting and ready to go because these idiots said they had a controller coming. I spoke with them multiple times telling them exactly what I was doing. Now they come out and say that it's just for coyote swapped vehicles not a 6r80 into a gt500.

Users who are viewing this thread