GT350R the Proper Way - Who's Ordering One?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The SVT Cobra R tradition is one of a striped out lean mean track shredding machine. The Ford Performance Shelby GT350R Mustang follows in that tradition. However, the GT350R is going to be available with a technology package that adds back in the A/C, Sync, and the audio system. That definitely makes for a more comfortable car, but it also diverges from the formula that has worked for the past three models. So my question is, who among you is planning to buy an R as it is intended to be - bare bones?

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
If I can I will.

I simply see no way that I, I mere mortal (meaning: I don't have a friend that owns a dealership), will even get the chance unless I pony up a huge ADM.

Of the one dealer that I know that stated they had allocation for an "R" they "sold" the bid for MSRP+$15K.

Perhaps one day Ford will release a car like this they actually want to see get in the hands of the enthusiasts rather than the "1%-ers" and either keep the dealers from raping the buyers or make enough of them that we can wait out those that have to be the first on the block with the new toy and get it for a reasonable price.

BlownAway03

Established Member
If I can I will.

I simply see no way that I, I mere mortal (meaning: I don't have a friend that owns a dealership), will even get the chance unless I pony up a huge ADM.

Of the one dealer that I know that stated they had allocation for an "R" they "sold" the bid for MSRP+$15K.

Perhaps one day Ford will release a car like this they actually want to see get in the hands of the enthusiasts rather than the "1%-ers" and either keep the dealers from raping the buyers or make enough of them that we can wait out those that have to be the first on the block with the new toy and get it for a reasonable price.

Patience and diligence my friend. There has never been a case where every dealer charged adm. And there has never been a case where adm lasted for the entire generation of a given model. I bought my C7 Vette at $6500 off while plenty other fools were paying $10k over msrp.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Me. I don't use the AC, radio or backseat in my current or past mustangs.

krt22

Established Member
I will wait until I can find one on the lot, discounted.

Not going to happen with the R package. They are going to be even more limited the the LS Boss 302s.

I did the next best thing, Base GT350R+track pack.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Ordered!
Whether I get it is a different story
I have a order number and all

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Ordered R and a a regular, so which ever comes, comes.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not to discourage you...but I can load 10,000 orders for the R's, all with the different order numbers...and who knows if I would even get 1.

I have two orders in, a black/black and a white one. If I get one, I'll be keeping it. I won't even price it to anyone.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
AC is mandatory in LMP1 cars. It's good enough for a street car that gets tracked.

I could live without the other stuff, but there are no prizes for who is the sweatiest at track days.

I will drive the GT350R up and down the street in cool, climate-controlled gloriousness.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
AC is mandatory in LMP1 cars. It's good enough for a street car that gets tracked.

I could live without the other stuff, but there are no prizes for who is the sweatiest at track days.

I will drive the GT350R up and down the street in cool, climate-controlled gloriousness.
Agree 100%.
Go sit at pit out at Sebring between April-September with no AC and see how enjoyable that is. Especially if the session is delayed. I'll take AC everyday and twice during track days.
S.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
If the allocation is there I'll be getting one. If not, I won't. Waiting game.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Try living in Texas and enjoying a car without AC for more than two months a year. It'll be a few years, but I have plans to order an R with electronics. Sorry to disappoint.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Not going to happen with the R package. They are going to be even more limited the the LS Boss 302s.

I did the next best thing, Base GT350R+track pack.

I am patient enough to wait. If I can't find one by the summer of 2016, I will just buy a Boss 302.

krt22

Established Member
I'm sure you will find a gt350 by then, but not likely an r package at a discount (unless used)

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
Would love to order one "the right way" if I knew it'd just be a garage queen. The humidity alone is reason enough to run A/C in south Florida. Nevermind the heat.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Would love to order one "the right way" if I knew it'd just be a garage queen. The humidity alone is reason enough to run A/C in south Florida. Nevermind the heat.
Over here in Dunedin I only use the A/C maybe 5 or 6 times a year - but then most of my seat time is in a convertible, in shorts and a Tee. But I have to admit that during the most brutal parts of summer I don't drive much. This summer is looking particularly toasty here on the Gulf.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread