Gt350r supercharger kits?

badmpg03

Established Member
Turbos are the "right" way to do it. Add e85 and call it done.

N/A power out of this car is simply not going to give him what he is after.

If he is intent on the track days, keep an eye on temps and reduce RPM to 78-8000 IMO.

12:1 is fine.... the Gen 3 Coyote in the 2018 Mustangs LOVE boost with the compression. Gotta give it good fuel tho... no 93.

No turbos.
Agreed on the lower revs and with more tq in the curve don’t think you need all 8.2K

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Whipple the is the answer.

The Centri blower will only exacerbate the no tq down low problem. Trust me.. been there done that.

badmpg03

Established Member
Whipple the is the answer.

The Centri blower will only exacerbate the no tq down low problem. Trust me.. been there done that.

Haha, well yes agreed on Whipple!
Back to if anyone is running this now and has some track time.
If not no worries, just checking here first

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I can’t even roll the tires in 1st gear! :D Sport cup ii’s Are sticky
I don’t disagree with what you said. I have driven the car a lot and have grown to really like the car as it is. But I can see my Dad wanting more, as would I. Chassis is more than capable for more power and with another 100whp it would be perfect IMO. COTA is our big home track and it’s a high speed circuit. 350’s running 117 mph or so in the 1/4? That means the ZL1’s , C6/C7 Z06’s, GT3’s, modded M4’s, just about anything I see out there will chase you down on the straights.

I would roll the dice on 5psi on the motor, just wondering if anyone has done this yet and if there are any tips or things to know.
Maybe have to go e85 at least on track days to address heat concerns.

Also Hennessey is interesting because, as always, he offers warranty. that means if we wanted to crank it up to 770whp and see what happens, you probably can for his $30K kit.
I met John when I was a kid and when he was in the viper scene (am 33 now) and sucks what he put his customers through. I dont know specifics of his current operation, but they claim to have built 25-30 GT350/r’s. Not sure how many are still on the road

Even only pushing 5 psi, he will only be able to outrun those cars on the straights for a lap or 2. I can't begin to tell you how quickly a super charger will overheat an engine on a road course.

I see it pretty much every single time I'm at the track. It will ruin the car on all but the coolest of days out there.

Also, to touch on Hennessey, there are a lot of issues with them getting the "warranty" work taken care of. They sell you on it and don't stand behind it.

badmpg03

Established Member
Even only pushing 5 psi, he will only be able to outrun those cars on the straights for a lap or 2. I can't begin to tell you how quickly a super charger will overheat an engine on a road course.

I see it pretty much every single time I'm at the track. It will ruin the car on all but the coolest of days out there.

Also, to touch on Hennessey, there are a lot of issues with them getting the "warranty" work taken care of. They sell you on it and don't stand behind it.

Have you seen this first hand with supercharged Gt350?
My car holds up pretty decent on a circuit. I know others tracking with Whipple 2.9’s And also seen some roush supercharged mustangs on the track

What car did you hear Hennessey didn’t warrant?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you're taking it to COTA and going Whipple, I'd definitely go E85 for track days. Also see if they offer an upgraded heat exchanger.
-J

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Have you seen this first hand with supercharged Gt350?
My car holds up pretty decent on a circuit. I know others tracking with Whipple 2.9’s And also seen some roush supercharged mustangs on the track

What car did you hear Hennessey didn’t warrant?
Not with a GT350 but several Mustang GTs.

They both had the GTPP/GT350 radiator and they fight cooling issues constantly.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have customers running the Whipple on their GT350. Let me know if you have any questions. Be glad to help get you dialed in.

badmpg03

Established Member
Never asked about boost. One is the roush kit with the warranty, and both pump. The other is running a VMP kit I believe, he is well over 700hp.

Got it. Just trying to get some details on who is running what and who is having issues.
And agreed it is not ideal for PD blower on a road course. Still I think we are going to give it a go. With 5 psi I just can't see intake temps being all that much higher. Decided we need to run E, so if the ecu pulls timing from Temps we are still running some good fuel. Wish that Meth or Water injection could help has an option. Almost makes me want to go back and consider centri kits because they can be intercooled. Maybe will look into that more.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Paying Hennessy $30k to have a warranty is insane. You can just buy and install a Whipple for like $10k and have $20k leftover to rebuild and bulletproof the motor if it let's go.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Well part of the question—-does Hennessy swap rods/pistons to lower compression and forge the bottom end? The factory crank and pistons are strong but the crack forged rods are the weak link above 800rwhp. At least that where the GT500 is suspect with similar parts. If Hennessy is dropping compression with a rod/piston swap then I can see their price. Otherwise it’s a complete rip off
-J

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Not wanting to touch brakes, or aero. Car OEM parts are more than adequate for what we are doing
No body panels, this is fun weekend toy not stripper
Doesn’t have the straight line speed. Aside add 70hp to top end, motor just doesn’t make tq down low. 650whp is my target.

I’ll Reach out to lethal.

So you want a gt350 that is just like a gt500. Sell it and get a 14 gt500.

sumfoo1

Established Member
IMHO i don't really like centrifugal superchargers that much, but for a 8200rpm car that could be jekyl and hyde depending on RPM range... I would definitely do the centrifugal supercharger. If i was spending lots of time on a road course i would do the centrifugal supercharger for the linear, predictable, rev happy manner it give the engine... if i was drag racing... i would turbo.... or + displacement supercharger.

but in all honestly i'd like to see just how far this engine can go N/A... i'm really bummed MAST hasn't actually built any of their 5.4 FPC engines.

Users who are viewing this thread