GT350 v C7 Grand Sport

Voltwings

Established Member
I am a mustang fan to the bone, no shame in being a fanboy here. That being said, my dad has a C7z and if the GS is even half as cool / fun to drive, i'd say its going to be one hell of a tough choice. Like i said, i love mustangs, and the GT350 is pretty much as good as it gets right now. The sweet thing about the vette is that targa top though, basically being able to swap from a "convertible" to a coupe in a minute or two is pretty damn sweet. I don't think you could go wrong with either, but even i cant decide which i'd really want.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
GS will be over priced. Get the GT350, let someone else take the depreciation hit on the GS. If you fall OUT of love with the GT350, sell it for a small depreciation and get yourself a lower priced GS. I think history will repeat itself with the GS, over priced to hell from Chevy and price will go back down.
I visited quite a few chevy dealers to see that they were charging c6z prices for the GS up until 2012 ($70k/76k).

BTW, in M6G there are quite a few bay area owners with GT350, one has an R model Los Gatos (fuhrius), the other lives in west San Jose area (icormba). I'm sure there are others as well, anyways you should go to a cars and croissants OP (4th saturday of every month). There are always GT350's there to hear.

krt22

Established Member
Shit if i made that much dough, i'd be tryna get my hands on a huracan or a 488 gtb
lol I wish that were the case. Those sorts of cars are not really feasible once you factor in the cost of housing in this area. Plus the more you make the more they take (feds+state). Hes smart for putting his maximum price point where it is. I'm in a similar demographic and the track pack car was right where I was comfortable, the R with a small ADM would have been pushing the limits of fiscal responsibility.

OP, I think you should attend the shelby event in blackhawk on May 7th, you wont be disappointed!

chuckstang

Established Member
GT350 over the GS for one simple reason, the gt350 will hold its value while the GS as you know like any Vette drops like a rock and you even stated that you will never reach eithers full potential so it all comes down to personal preference and curb appeal, sound, etc.

Honestly if money was no object and I could be given any car in the world to own and drive, it would be a gt350, even over a new Ford GT, etc. They are that good

CO Mack

Established Member
lol I wish that were the case. Those sorts of cars are not really feasible once you factor in the cost of housing in this area. Plus the more you make the more they take (feds+state). Hes smart for putting his maximum price point where it is. I'm in a similar demographic and the track pack car was right where I was comfortable, the R with a small ADM would have been pushing the limits of fiscal responsibility.

OP, I think you should attend the shelby event in blackhawk on May 7th, you wont be disappointed!

Yep. I always planned to buy one when I could afford a Ferrari payment....then I grew up.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I the look of this Mustang compared to a z06 or viper..or any domestic for that matter. It just looks killer....and that alone is good enough for me. I'll be adding one... if the workers don't strike.

liter of cola

Established Member
Yep. I always planned to buy one when I could afford a Ferrari payment....then I grew up.

bro if I made 200k salary i'd live in Georgia and have a 10 car garage packed with sexi's. especially with no kids or wife.

im grown up just about as much as I ever wanna grow up. im good right here. :rockon:

Last edited:

93oh

Established Member
I was tired of my corvettes week after having them. If that answers your question. Getting out of a car three inches from the ground and starting your day is not fun. They suck as a daily and in a pinch as a single guy when you are out and girl has another friend you can't throw her drunk ass in the hatch. Car is unuseable. My Vettes are a novelty and the GT350 you can use every day no issues. The R God forbid it rains with those tires and has no back seat and louder. Get the GT350 as a Vette owner, believe me you'll have a special car and will greatly enjoy it.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
I cant quite agree with 930h. I have owned an 03 termi, 11 Gt500, and two C6 (one grandsport). While I love the mustang, corvettes are more fun to drive to me. The true difference is if you need a backseat. I am currently on the fence between the 350, C7z, C7GS, and ZL1. Good luck

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I cant quite agree with 930h. I have owned an 03 termi, 11 Gt500, and two C6 (one grandsport). While I love the mustang, corvettes are more fun to drive to me. The true difference is if you need a backseat. I am currently on the fence between the 350, C7z, C7GS, and ZL1. Good luck

He didn't say Corvettes aren't fun to drive. He said they aren't good daily drivers [for him.] The Corvette is definitely not a good "only car" to have. It's range of use is very limited. Heck, even a Mustang isn't the best choice for an "only car," but it will work better in a pinch. For performance car enthusiasts, the best choice for an "only car" is a sport sedan.

On topic, though, I'd take a GT350 over a Corvette GS. Those cars have always been all but forgotten just weeks after they hit the market.

BlownAway03

Established Member
He didn't say Corvettes aren't fun to drive. He said they aren't good daily drivers [for him.] The Corvette is definitely not a good "only car" to have. It's range of use is very limited. Heck, even a Mustang isn't the best choice for an "only car," but it will work better in a pinch. For performance car enthusiasts, the best choice for an "only car" is a sport sedan.

On topic, though, I'd take a GT350 over a Corvette GS. Those cars have always been all but forgotten just weeks after they hit the market.
Corvette sales numbers don't support your comment that they're soon forgotten.

mike.s

Established Member
buy whatever car you like the most. performance numbers dont really mean much unless you spend a lot of time at the track. both these cars perform so well you wont even scratch the surface on the street unless you are being extremely unsafe and a dumbass

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
I agree that I would not be able to get anywhere near the limits of the capabilities of either car. IMO, the Corvette GS/Z06 body has more curb appeal. But I've never been a fan of the exhaust note of Chevy's at all. I really wish they had a special engine in the GS such as the FPC 5.2 to differentiate it from the base Stingray. But I guess in keeping the standard 6.2 allows it to be more affordable, otherwise it would probably be out of the range I'm willing to spend.

Brother, the Stock exhaust on my C7Z is the best sounding production system I've ever heard. I just got a used 3K mile, A8, 3LZ 2015 C7Z for 79K. It's a hellava car and don't believe all the overheating garbage that's spread over the internet. You have to be an advanced driver and want to do 20+ minute session in 80+ degree weather before this even becomes an issue.
[video=youtube;udSolPpcHwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udSolPpcHwE[/video]

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
Have you heard a GT350 or R in person? Makes the C7Z sound like an angry weed whacker in comparison.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Have you heard a GT350 or R in person? Makes the C7Z sound like an angry weed whacker in comparison.

Nope. I'm sure it sounds nasty. Not sure how anybody could think this sounds like a weed whacker, to each his own. [video=youtube;UHdutoDVN3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHdutoDVN3Q[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread