GT 500 Whipple

mustarrosa

Established Member
HPP has just recieved the Whipple S/C for my GT 500...waiting for the engine lowering kit and the AFCO heat exchanger..so it should be worked on next week..going to be a screamer

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Oh..so they have a kit to lower the motor so you don't have to cut the hood?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I would have waited for the 2.9 kit so you don't have to space the K-Member and such. It seems to fit better and will still make plenty of power.

Either way it will still be fun.

Good luck Steven. :thumbsup:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I would have waited for the 2.9 kit so you don't have to space the K-Member and such. It seems to fit better and will still make plenty of power.

Either way it will still be fun.

Good luck Steven. :thumbsup:

They making a 2.9 for the 03/04s?:beer:

Sounds sweet, let us know what it throws down!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I even heard that Whipple is going to come out with a 3.9 version. I saw it in an article on MM&FF.

LMFAO, I don't want an aftermarket motor or a tractor trailer of torque, I just like Whipples, and if I can get a 2.9 instead of a 2.6 or 2.8H, I'd rather do it for looks and price.:beer: Plus they seem to last longer.

mustarrosa

Established Member
I just got a call from HPP and some of the supporting parts came in ...waiting for the engine lowering kit and they will be ready to work

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
LMFAO, I don't want an aftermarket motor or a tractor trailer of torque, I just like Whipples, and if I can get a 2.9 instead of a 2.6 or 2.8H, I'd rather do it for looks and price.:beer: Plus they seem to last longer.

LOL, yea i agree. I think a 3.9 won't work well with modulars anyway. A 2.9 will be the perfect size.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member

Why not pick up a used 2.3 cheap if you just want the looks, price and a nice performance gain? :shrug:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Why not pick up a used 2.3 cheap if you just want the looks, price and a nice performance gain? :shrug:
Simple fact... everyone wants Honda pricing for em! Kev has the hook up for 2900 shipped for a new one, and everyone wants 2500 plus shipping for theirs... what would you do at that point?:dw: If i can find one for a S trim price(mid-high teens), it'd be on my car this week! even before the clutch was done. :beer: But new for new the KB is at least 1-2 grand more, and used, they are in the new Whip price. I don't see it putting down 40-60% more power that the prices are bringing?:shrug:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Simple fact... everyone wants Honda pricing for em! Kev has the hook up for 2900 shipped for a new one, and everyone wants 2500 plus shipping for theirs... what would you do at that point?:dw: If i can find one for a S trim price(mid-high teens), it'd be on my car this week! even before the clutch was done. :beer: But new for new the KB is at least 1-2 grand more, and used, they are in the new Whip price. I don't see it putting down 40-60% more power that the prices are bringing?:shrug:

I'm no longer discussing money with you. I feel like beating my head against the wall everytime the subject comes up.

mustarrosa

Established Member
What is going on now..
IMG_3053.jpg

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
What power are you expecting from it? I was gonna do a KB or Whip real soon, but I got a new project ahead and I am not spending any big money on the 04 for a while (if I keep it) Best of luck to you, Manny and the boys will make that thing hard to keep rear tires on it!:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread