GT 500 Whipple

mustarrosa

Established Member
What power are you expecting from it? I was gonna do a KB or Whip real soon, but I got a new project ahead and I am not spending any big money on the 04 for a while (if I keep it) Best of luck to you, Manny and the boys will make that thing hard to keep rear tires on it!:burnout:
Talk to foof about his...

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I kinda know about what he makes, but he has a 5.0, not a 5.4 with better heads... I assume you will be in the 750-800 range?:beer:

I thought that's where foof was?

Kit looks amazing, can't wait to see it in action.

mustarrosa

Established Member
I think it will be in the high 700 range and at a "reasonable " boost..Last I heard from HPP was that it was close to being on the Dyno

mustarrosa

Established Member
Here are the dyno results from Saturdays dyno session SAE and STD..3 differnt pulley sizes
GT500Whippledyno1001.jpg

GT500Whippledyno2001.jpg

Last edited:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
That is insane Steve... Totally amazing... I must get a ride bro !!!

How about a pic of the engine bay.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
What boost levels? You pick up 55/100 on the middle tune to the top tune, thats a SHIT load of torque!:rockon: Did Manny throw more timing down, I assume one is like Torco and the other pure race gas?

Very damn cool...:banana:

mustarrosa

Established Member
What boost levels? You pick up 55/100 on the middle tune to the top tune, thats a SHIT load of torque!:rockon: Did Manny throw more timing down, I assume one is like Torco and the other pure race gas?

Very damn cool...:banana:
I failed to get the boost levels on the lower numbers but 24lbs of boost on the high horsepower and small pulley..and yes we started on pump gas then Torco then C-16

mustarrosa

Established Member
Congrats! Are there any down sides to lowering the engine?
No...I think it feels tighter and more responsive...I am taking it to Hallet and at the track there and will get a better feel there but the steering feels better...may be the bushings and the motor mounts...

cobramark

Established Member
Got to ride in Steves car and all I'm gonna say is holy sh_t better hang on, that thing pulls hard.

Users who are viewing this thread