GT 500 Swap

randyp97svt

Established Member
I might have a chance at a crate engine for a GT 500. My question is, how much of a pain is it to do a Swap into an SN 95. I just met up with a guy that has one new still in the crate.

randyp97svt

Established Member
Why would it be a joke? Never thought too much on a 5.4 swap, just doing mods to the 4.6, I was just wondering? I tried the search function, but I am just getting an error.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
how much of a pain?

i guess it depends on how comfortable you are with making modifications

the only sn95 chassis to house a 5.4 from the factory was the 2000 cobra r, and it had a special k-member. it also was n/a

randyp97svt

Established Member
Thanks for the info, Making mods are not bothersome, they just take time. The company I work for deals with nothing but custom fabrication/machining. So it would be the time more so that I would have issues with. I'll most likely stick with the 4.6, but its an option that I have in front of me. Just wanted to know if it's been done before.

Last edited:

carkrazy

Nitrous Junkie!
Established Member
Thanks for the info, Making mods are not bothersome, they just take time. The company I work for deals with nothing but custom fabrication/machining. So it would be the time more so that I would have issues with. I'll most likely stick with the 4.6, but its an option that I have in front of me. Just wanted to know if it's been done before.

I guess you answered your own question.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
It's a direct bolt in, no K member required.

There was a 96-98 Saleen in the local shop here that had a Shelby motor in it. It was installed in Chicago and brought down to Dayton to get it running. The shop that got it running was Precision Autosports precisionautosports.com

randyp97svt

Established Member
Thanks na svt. I did find a thread about the 5.4 in an sn95, it doesn't look too bad. I also read in the registry where they originally used a sn95 for the 5.4 before it was brought into the Cobra R.

Users who are viewing this thread