Gran Torino project?

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Yeah im going to order my ignition tune up stuff this week.
Distributor, wires, coil, starter solenoid, plugs.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
So its been a while, but got the thing finally started. Rebuilt the carb, new mallory dis., msd plug wires, msd coil, plugs, and fresh oils and fluids. I still need to bleed the brakes before i drive it. Ill post a video of it tomarrow. Its kinda a unknown car, since the guy who bought it from the original owner didnt know what was done, but i can tell you its got a big cam, and some high CR pistons.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Its funny, how i always got on my dad for buying a svt focus becuase it was a ford, no i own a 97 cobra, and a 72 torino, which my dad has over 90k miles on his focus with no problems and i have over 130k and everything is from the factory except the king cobra clutch. And as far as the torino i know its going to be even more bullet proof. Im thinking if i ever blow the 306, im gunna throw a 460 or a built 351.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Awesome, I love old cars! I wouldn't do the vinyl top. Too much chance of water seeping under it and rusting out. I dig the Starsky paint job, but I think it would be cool to do it in black with a tungston stripe. I have one more car to buy, Magnum with a Hemi(there's no excuse for a mini van with this car out there), and I have to rebuild my old 73 Grande from high school, and my dad's 68 Elke before I can get another car. Oh, and finish my engine build on my 99! Good luck man, it's all worth it in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread