Government regulation strikes again...

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I was looking into purchasing a decent drone until I ran into the FAA guidelines. Even for purely recreational use it just looks like a pain in the ass and not worth messing with.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I was looking into purchasing a decent drone until I ran into the FAA guidelines. Even for purely recreational use it just looks like a pain in the ass and not worth messing with.

Just say that it identifies as a Chinese Weather Balloon.

For that WAP, Tyre was willing to change his pronouns to was/were.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
You guys forgot the Ukraine flag as well. Maybe both Chinese and Ukraine? Heck, add pride and blm and that thing could be flown in a busy airport and nobody would say a thing.

You can only put a Uke flag if you plan to also use it to drop 20mm mortar rounds on Statists....

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I have been flying drones since 2017 and have never had an issue. It takes 10 minutes and $5 to register them, and most of the "rules" actually halfway make sense. Don't fly over 400', don't fly in controlled airspace (around airports), don't fly over crowds, etc.

Now if you want to fly for purposes other than recreational on the other hand..... The test to get the Part 107 license is STUPID. Why would I need to know about runways and weather patterns to fly a freakin' drone?

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Where I live no one gives a shit. There’s no one around to care or complain.
Since you probably don’t have a drone, I’ll forgive your lack of knowledge on the altitude thing. The lat/long of your flying area limits your drone’s ability to fly above a certain altitude, based on proximity to airstrips/runways. Built-in software prevents it.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Since you probably don’t have a drone, I’ll forgive your lack of knowledge on the altitude thing. The lat/long of your flying area limits your drone’s ability to fly above a certain altitude, based on proximity to airstrips/runways. Built-in software prevents it.

Yup mine won’t go over 300’

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Your drone was built before these restrictions were put in place. There are ways to circumvent the restrictions, but I’m too lazy to bother.
FAA still required you at the time to register it and pay some bullshit registration fee along with it. Guy i bought it off of did that, and had the FAA number taped on the craft. I immediately ripped it off and threw it in the garbage. Anything ever happens with it, they'll just go to his house. lol

Heres a picture the day i picked it up. Cuck i bought it off of had the number both on the drone and the case.

s-l1600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread