Gotta Flat, I95, in the pouring rain

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I think you are way off with the 270.00 figure.Tousley Ford the 2012 sensor is under 84.00 list!

Thats the 2012 sensor. Tousley Ford is who quoted me the 2013 Price yesterday. 2012 Sensor can not be used with 2013 Wheels. I talked to SVT about this yesterday. They are electronically compatible but not physically compatible with 2013 wheels.

Sinovac

Established Member
The proper way to repair the tire is to plug and patch, assuming there is no sidewall damage. The plug prevents water intrusion into the carcass, which can rot the belts and cause a catastrophic failure. The patch makes the tire airtight.

peteypab2133

Established Member
So its ironic you said this. I actually had the EXACT same thing happen to me about 2 weeks ago. I was driving from PA to IN and about 100 miles in, the light came on. Next exit was a mile away, pulled into the gas station and bam.... A chunk of CERAMIC like a spark plug, but hollow like a straw. It was lodged in my Drivers side rear. Directly in the middle of the tire. Of course on a sunday and being 340 miles away from home they could only take it to the nearest ford dealer. BUT I COULDNT LEAVE MY CAR there. Purchased a tire plug kit, bottle of filler, and borrowed a set of needle nose to pull it out. Plugged it, filled to about 40 psi and its still perfect. I purchased the $4.00 tire/wheel insurance from ford the next day. Free patches or tire replacement or wheel replacement if non repairable. $240 over 5 years was worth it for me.

Sorry for your luck, a patch would be perfect...

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Im not so much worried about the plug, but the tire hasn't been off, so there is no way to know if the inside of the sidewall got chewed up in the miles I drove on it. The outside of the sidewall looks ok.

If the outside is good most likely the inside is fine.

nickf2005

Established Member
I just had this bad boy lodged in my tire. Many say plug/patch fix will be fine, but I'm not about to find out when I'm cranking down the interstate. Found me two lightly used Invos to replace the back, factory F1's for $100. It was going to cost me $400 to replace 1 F1...

Edit: Holy picture size. Not sure how to resize it. Somebody can help if they'd like.

attachment.php

attachment.php

phil123

Established Member
Peteypab thanks for mentioning the Ford ESP tire/wheel plan. After reading your description I bought it online this morning.

Myfast70

Established Member
You will hear opinions that plugs are fine and others that they aren't. If it was a Honda Civic I might take a chance, for my 662 HP Shelby I would put a new tire on.

Or an S10 SS. I wouldnt run it either. If you can afford the car you can afford replacement tires.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Or an S10 SS. I wouldnt run it either. If you can afford the car you can afford replacement tires.

When I buy tires, I buy FOUR TIRES! Not one or two or three. FOUR TIRES, period. I'm not one to ride around on mismatched tires. And I'll be damned if I'm paying $1K+ for a set of tires when I can plug a hole and be perfectly fine. It's not like I'm (or the OP) trying to set a land speed record.

03 VENOM

Established Member
I just replaced my rear stock 10 year old tires with Nittos. Lol. I'm still running my 10 year old tires on the front. I'm gonna replace them in the spring. Since I'm gonna put my Cobra away in a couple months.

Last edited:

03 VENOM

Established Member
I forgot to mention my car only has 6500 miles on it. I got a nail in one of the rear tires. Tire shops won't repair tires older than 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread