Got Tire? 335/30/18 BF Goodrich KDW 2

04svtNJ

Established Member

SlowLNF

Established Member
Ordered my spacer and extended lugs today. Gonna order the tires in January and I'll take them up to a tire changing place to have them put on my wheels when I take them off to install some H&R springs. I can't wait to get this all done!

stangposse

Established Member
No doubt about it, these tires are WIDE. I took a few comparison pictures of them next to my 315/35/17 Vredestein tires I currently have on the Cobra.
I also took a picture next to my wife's tires on her Honda Pilot. LOL

gottires1.jpg

gottires2.jpg

How could those tires on your car be 315's???? They look like the 255's I have on my LX!

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
How could those tires on your car be 315's???? They look like the 255's I have on my LX!

Maybe it is the angle or the lighting, but those are Vredestein 315/35/17 tires on AFS 10.5" wheels.

Here are a couple pictures of them when I first received them. The front tires are 275/40/17's for comparison. I thought they plenty wide until the KDW2's showed up. I am telling you, the KDW2s are f'n steam rollers.

cobrawheels1.jpg

img0689c.jpg

arc00ta

Established Member
BFG have always been huge. I used to have a set of the original KD 315/35/17 on my 17x11 wheels on a firebird, and they were 13" wide on the tread, compared to the nitto nt555 I replaced them with were only like 12.2" wide. This thread inspired me to buy these tires when I get the wheels I want, I love the look of huge tires on the back of the cobra. Looks so mean.

Jefe

Established Member
Cant wait to get some 335 KDW2's on my CCW Classics. I have an 11" rear wheel with 285 555's right now. I have almost 1" of clearance from the IRS bolt now. How wide is the 335 KDW2? Im seeing 12-13" on their site. Would be sweet if it fit without any mods

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Cant wait to get some 335 KDW2's on my CCW Classics. I have an 11" rear wheel with 285 555's right now. I have almost 1" of clearance from the IRS bolt now. How wide is the 335 KDW2? Im seeing 12-13" on their site. Would be sweet if it fit without any mods
I have 335/30/18 on my CCW 505a and I had to do a little bit of work. Mostly for my piece of mind. I had to get 1/4in spacers and I rolled the rear fenders, as I was getting some very minor cuts on the outside of the tire. I did a lot of varied driving and I used tape as an visual indicator of where any contact may occur.
The 1st pic will give you an idea of how wide they are when put on an 18x11 rim.
The 2nd pic is just pointing out one area where I had a slight rub during certain driving conditions. The lower area, just aft of the irs bolt, is what I "massaged" in just a hair. I also massaged the area just above and aft of the bracket shown. Again, more for my piece of mind.
The 3rd pic is just a reference as to how mine sit, just flush with the rear fender well.
:beer:
th_DSC00414.jpg

th_DSC00416.jpg

th_DSC00405.jpg

rockthemullet

Established Member
Sorry to double post, but I just noticed this. Whats up with the exhaust where it goes under the IRS, is it joined? The back of the car looks awesome, all business.

Yes, it rejoins into a second "x-pipe" after the mufflers. That's a relatively rare (and discontinued) FRPP FR500 catback. :)

FR500001.jpg

There is an x crossover in the tailpipes and the mufflers in the catback are known as dual mode mufflers. They have a pressurized valve inside the case that opens up whenever a high pressure exhaust pulse is present and lets the exhaust go through a straight pipe with baffling with as little back pressure as possible.

Thanks for the compliment, the car needed cleaned pretty badly in that pic but I was focusing on the tires, lol.

Snapped a stud with extended lug nuts. That's why I say take all those precautions and you'll never have an issue.

I'm sorry to hear about your luck. If you noticed, I suggested 3" Moroso studs. :beer:

Last edited:

Booky

Established Member

I had the KDW2's mounted on the AFS wheels and took a few more pictures of them next to the Vredesteins off the car. This shows a better width comparison and how wide the 315 Vredesteins really are.
The KDW2's are still about 1 1/2"-2" wider. :thumbsup:

335/30/18 KDW2 vs 315/35/17 Vredestein:

kdw2vsvredestein1.jpg

kdw2vsvredestein2.jpg

004dg.jpg

a017z.jpg

Last edited:

Booky

Established Member
Where did you have these installed? Everyone tells me they can't put a 335 on a 10.5'' wheel.

I had them installed at Zurcher Tire in Monroe, IN.

They never said anything about it being a problem.:??:

afskdw23.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread