Got the new BOSS!

RSKtakR

Established Member
beautiful car.. I hope that MT-82 trans in those isnt the same as the MT-82 in the 2011+ 5.0's..but from what I understand its exactly the same problem filled trans. And IF it infact is.. enjoy your smooth shifting trans while you can.

Husker

Established Member
Very nice review, the kind I like to read (1st hand w/o all the technical jargon), makes me all the more anxious to receive mine.

Husker

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
BTW Recaros were put in the SVO....not the same type of Recaros, but Recaros nonetheless.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
congrats on your new ride... beautiful! what was the damage to the bank account? LOL!

cloud9

Established Member
When I picked up the BOSS from the dealer last week I had about an hour ride home on some decent roads. After I got home I took the wife and kid out for a ride and went down some better roads with more curves. The main thing I am going to compare it to, is my 04 Cobra that I have had for the pass 7 years with about 4 years of track duty.

First off is the looks, I happen to think it looks much better then the latter Mustangs. I like the color comb better with Ford using much more black then my CO Cobra. I really like the front grill, rims, tires, black out in the back, new mirrors, breaks, and splitter.

Second the interior – wow so much better than the 04. The fitment is unbelievable and everything seems to be much tighter. OMG the seats! I thought the Cobra seats where nice but these things are awesome. I never thought Ford would put Recaros in a Mustang. I went to start it up and when I pushed in the clutch I thought it was broken because it was so soft compared to the Cobra. The shifter was pretty impressive as well compared to my MGW. I don’t see how the after market could improve on it.

Checked out the spare tire and that was pretty cool with the pump and green slime.
Checked out the adjustable dampeners to what they were set on – 2 that was pretty cool too.
Checked out the oil cooler and tried to figure out how it was working. I love to see a flow diagram on that some day.

Now for the ride, I didn’t know how to act at first. I never drove a car without a throttle cable and it was a little different. I am used to driving a car with 500+ horse power so it seemed a little slow………at first! Once I got off the freeway and on to some back roads I got on it a little and man this thing came alive. It really kicked in over 5000RPM. It took me a while to get used to the shift points and clutch but at the end of the drive it felt great. I finally got into some corners and man this thing sticks. I got on it to see if it would break traction (traction control off) and the rear end planted, dug in and took off. I could not believe the traction on this thing, it is way better than the Cobra. It has to be the Torsen or the way Ford built the rear end but this thing just sticks.

The wife loved the seats and she commented on the road noise….to my supersize there was none, It was really quit inside. I just can’t believe the improvements Ford mead in 8 years. I may miss the big hit of the 584 HP of the Cobra but the ride, interior, exterior, and handling of the BOSS out weights the go fast stuff. Looking forward to taking out the side exhaust cut outs and installing the Track Key.

Agree with everything you said. Great writeup. The only thing I'll add is that once you pull those side exhaust discs, you'll throw them away. The sound is absolutely addicting.

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
Here she is all cleaned up and tucked away in the garage.

2011-04-01_14-59-41_887-M.jpg

2011-03-29_14-39-22_810-M.jpg

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
The main thing I am going to compare it to, is my 04 Cobra that I have had for the pass 7 years...

I went to start it up and when I pushed in the clutch I thought it was broken because it was so soft compared to the Cobra.

The wife loved the seats and she commented on the road noise….to my supersize there was none, It was really quiet inside. I just can’t believe the improvements Ford made in 8 years. I may miss the big hit of the 584 HP of the Cobra but the ride, interior, exterior, and handling of the BOSS out weights the go fast stuff. Looking forward to taking out the side exhaust cut outs and installing the Track Key.

LOL! I went by the dealer the other day to see if / when they were getting a Boss. They had none, but I sat in their '11 GT500. I pushed the clutch and about put my foot through the floor! "Whoa... light clutch!"
Seriously, that would take some getting used to!

Glad to hear about the fitment and all. My wife's biggest complaints about my '03 are "the seats aren't comfortable" and "your car is so noisy".

I'm hoping to get her to sit in a Boss and see how she likes it :)

Users who are viewing this thread