Got the new BOSS!

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
Here it is coming off the truck at the dealer.

1251939490_qBht6-M.jpg

1251939569_bc2sW-M.jpg

I'll post more pics later.

Last edited:

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
Your going to have a lot of really jealous people drooling over this....myself included! Congrats on a great buy! Was there any dealer mark up?

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Your going to have a lot of really jealous people drooling over this....myself included! Congrats on a great buy! Was there any dealer mark up?

There is a blue and white one on my dealers showroom floor, it's marked up $15k :nonono:

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
Thanks guys!

No ADM or dealer markups. I guess I got lucky. Here are some more pics of it at the dealer with all the plastic still on it.

1251939273_ZgdH4-M.jpg

1251939371_aACJW-M.jpg

1251986398_xA8ZZ-M.jpg

1251986494_qaW7e-M.jpg

1251986563_CpabY-M.jpg

1251986640_26YAW-M.jpg

ShaneMcG

Established Member
nice dude, CO is the best! love that color combo. i see you have the R/T option, i wonder if we can assuem that mens the mateiral hold is off the seats or if yours has been sititng pretty on ramp 51 built since before that hold. Get it on a dyno man!

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
When I picked up the BOSS from the dealer last week I had about an hour ride home on some decent roads. After I got home I took the wife and kid out for a ride and went down some better roads with more curves. The main thing I am going to compare it to, is my 04 Cobra that I have had for the pass 7 years with about 4 years of track duty.

First off is the looks, I happen to think it looks much better then the latter Mustangs. I like the color comb better with Ford using much more black then my CO Cobra. I really like the front grill, rims, tires, black out in the back, new mirrors, breaks, and splitter.

Second the interior – wow so much better than the 04. The fitment is unbelievable and everything seems to be much tighter. OMG the seats! I thought the Cobra seats where nice but these things are awesome. I never thought Ford would put Recaros in a Mustang. I went to start it up and when I pushed in the clutch I thought it was broken because it was so soft compared to the Cobra. The shifter was pretty impressive as well compared to my MGW. I don’t see how the after market could improve on it.

Checked out the spare tire and that was pretty cool with the pump and green slime.
Checked out the adjustable dampeners to what they were set on – 2 that was pretty cool too.
Checked out the oil cooler and tried to figure out how it was working. I love to see a flow diagram on that some day.

Now for the ride, I didn’t know how to act at first. I never drove a car without a throttle cable and it was a little different. I am used to driving a car with 500+ horse power so it seemed a little slow………at first! Once I got off the freeway and on to some back roads I got on it a little and man this thing came alive. It really kicked in over 5000RPM. It took me a while to get used to the shift points and clutch but at the end of the drive it felt great. I finally got into some corners and man this thing sticks. I got on it to see if it would break traction (traction control off) and the rear end planted, dug in and took off. I could not believe the traction on this thing, it is way better than the Cobra. It has to be the Torsen or the way Ford built the rear end but this thing just sticks.

The wife loved the seats and she commented on the road noise….to my supersize there was none, It was really quit inside. I just can’t believe the improvements Ford made in 8 years. I may miss the big hit of the 584 HP of the Cobra but the ride, interior, exterior, and handling of the BOSS out weights the go fast stuff. Looking forward to taking out the side exhaust cut outs and installing the Track Key.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread