Got the car tuned.....

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
So my old school, KB 2.2 with 60# injectors, BA3000 MA, Accufab TB, Bassani Exhaust with old school Ford Performance headers (and hi-flo cats) with JLT CAI, killer chiller with 18#’s of boost in 92 degree heat and 85% humidity got on the dyno for a tune today. Mainly because the car was was conservative with the previous owners. I just replaced the pumps with a Fore returnless with dual GT pumps. IAT2 was around 118 each pull, went up to about 140 then came back down. Definitely going to work on the IAT2, probably do the bigger pipes, hoses, etc and remove the killer chiller, even though it does a good job for what it is.

Oh yeah, car made 606rwhp/534tq.....:) Thanks to Tony Gonyon for making it sing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
dce5b5864532ca0b5137c34dd1707a4b.jpg

Attachments

• c798548d7b129f690d2d989b004d6a8f.jpg
    c798548d7b129f690d2d989b004d6a8f.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
No dyno vids of that banshee whaling??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was trying to post a photo of the dyno sheet but doesn’t look like Tapatalk is working too well with it...hmmm....

And yes! I need to put the video up on YouTube so I can post it here.....

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Gonna start piecing together a J2Fab setup with spare tire well tank, SW Pump and mod’ed IC and HE. Gonna take me a little bit of time, but it’ll be worth it. Once I can get control of the IAT2’s, then the brakes will be next :) All in due time.

bigmoose

Established Member
I have the same 2.2KB and run the same boost. My IAT2 sit around 100-110 on a hot day. It doesn't go above 130. I run a KC as well.

The biggest change to drop my temps was to remove all the factory hard line. They sit behind the radiator on the front of the motor and are bare aluminum. They soak so much heat. I bought insulated lines and re-ran my lines. I wrote it up a while ago, let's see if I can find the post...

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...hare_tid=1034212&share_fid=16174&share_type=t

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on the great dyno numbers. Man does your Cobra sound nice. Can you ever get tired of blower whine? Nope. Great mods. Awesome car. Enjoy!!

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
I have the same 2.2KB and run the same boost. My IAT2 sit around 100-110 on a hot day. It doesn't go above 130. I run a KC as well.

The biggest change to drop my temps was to remove all the factory hard line. They sit behind the radiator on the front of the motor and are bare aluminum. They soak so much heat. I bought insulated lines and re-ran my lines. I wrote it up a while ago, let's see if I can find the post...

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...hare_tid=1034212&share_fid=16174&share_type=t

Ahhh...I’ve read your thread atleast a dozen times. So after a couple of WOT runs, what’s your AIT2? Mine, in traffic, is very similar to your numbers. But when I hit boost, maybe after one WOT run, it’s 130-140. I’ve had it hit 170 when just hammering it non-stop while testing. Of course, it quickly comes down, but this seems to be the common issue.

I actually pulled the hardlines off when I installed by KC and insulated the hoses. Based off of your thread, I used 3/4” hose, but it’s gotta hurt it since it bottlenecks down at the IC.

Users who are viewing this thread