Got the '04 cobra seats in....

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
The details of this write up are excellent.

1" between your legs and the steering wheel is very small, I hope it doesnt cause issues when your driving.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
tunedin302 said:
So now what are you going to do with the rear seat? The 03-04 material can be made to fit relatively easily.

That's the plan. However right now I have a rear seat for a convertible. I'm trying to find one for a coupe. It'll be a lot easier to make fit my '93 rear.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
The details of this write up are excellent.

1" between your legs and the steering wheel is very small, I hope it doesnt cause issues when your driving.
I've driven the car quite a bit lately and although it's close, it doesn't effect driving at all. The more I drive it the more I like it, and I liked it a lot to begin with.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
That's the plan. However right now I have a rear seat for a convertible. I'm trying to find one for a coupe. It'll be a lot easier to make fit my '93 rear.

That's ashame, I had a coupe rear that I got rid of not too long ago :shrug:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
tunedin302 said:
That's ashame, I had a coupe rear that I got rid of not too long ago :shrug:
I've been desperately looking for one. Haven't found anything in dark charcoal. I've found a complete set for a coupe so I considered selling my complete set for a convert, and pick up a complete coupe set. These are in near perfect shape though, and I got a killer deal on them so I hate to let them go and risk having my next set in rough shape.

I also need to find an extra rear seat for a '91 up fox. I'm not hacking up my original ones. So it may be a little while before I get the rear done.

I'd rather not say what I paid for them. In the slight chance I try to sell them to find a coupe set, I don't want that to be an issue having everyone know I'd make a profit. However I know I'd be paying full price the the coupe set, so in the end it's all the same I guess.

I tightened up the bolsters today to get a feel for what it would be like autocrossing or road racing, and they're going to work just fine. Nice and tight.

Last edited:

nealysa

Established Member
Before I put the seats in, I was wondering how you mounted teh seats? Did you modify the brackets on the seats or did you drill new holes in the floor pan and bolt them down?

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I just bought a complete set of front and rears also, this thread helped me make the decision to buy them!

It is my understanding they bolt right up. As he stated the only fabrication was the electrical. I am having the rears re covered with the 04 fabric as well.

nealysa

Established Member
I'm not 100% but, the brackets the seats sit on (the 4 bolt down points) don't matc up with all of the original points.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
Big Ben said:
I just bought a complete set of front and rears also, this thread helped me make the decision to buy them!

It is my understanding they bolt right up. As he stated the only fabrication was the electrical. I am having the rears re covered with the 04 fabric as well.

Make sure you get another set and keep your rear seats in great condition.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
The seats bolt right in with no modifications other than a little creative wire jumper.

I have a full set of '03 seats for sale if anyone's interested.

They're the light grey insert ones.

$900 plus shipping for the complete set for a coupe.

Orion1123

SVT Poster
Established Member
I am just curious to see how much it should cost to get the rear seats re-upholstered with the '03 skins? How much have you guys paid to get yours redone?

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
+1. I just installed the front seats today, and I think it would look much better to cover the 93 seats with the new skins. Is there enough material on the 03 skins to cover the fox seats, or is there a lot of work involved? Just wondering what to expect to get the rears covered.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
Nope, the rails won't interchange. I think you could mount the newer rails on the older seats, but not vise-versa. I think the biggest change was in the seat structure itself. The front bottom part of the seat is a lot thicker.

I mounted 95 rails on my 04 mach 1 passenger seat.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
1BAD93SVT said:
I mounted 95 rails on my 04 mach 1 passenger seat.
The change may have been between '93 and '94, not sure. I just know you can't mount the '93 rails to an '03 seat without cutting some stuff up.

I have just the rear seats available from my '03 cobra in the FS section. They're for a coupe, and I'm asking $225 shipped for the rear set. These are the dark grey with the light grey suede inserts from my '03 cobra with about 5k miles on them, and flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread