Got some parts delivered in the snow storm!

NJredfire03

Established Member
I had a 6 foot pallet delivered freight today in the damn storm we have in NJ. I have officially started my restoration project. I'm replacing almost all of my suspension components. Today I received an entire IRS subframe with uca's and lca's, front spindles and hubs, front A arms, and i got a 28mm front sway bar.

Salt air in south florida plus salt here in nj has absolutey destroyed my suspension components. So this is a start.

Right now the pallet is sitting in my future in laws garage. The father is an old school gm guy, harley guy, motorhead. I was told my mustang parts were going to get thrown out in the snow hahahaha.

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
I had a 6 foot pallet delivered freight today in the damn storm we have in NJ. I have officially started my restoration project. I'm replacing almost all of my suspension components. Today I received an entire IRS subframe with uca's and lca's, front spindles and hubs, front A arms, and i got a 28mm front sway bar.

Salt air in south florida plus salt here in nj has absolutey destroyed my suspension components. So this is a start.

Right now the pallet is sitting in my citure in laws garage. The father is an old school gm guy, harley guy, motorhead. I was told my mustang parts were going to get thrown out in the snow hahahaha.

Lol congrats!! I cant believe the amount of snow were getting!! My dog has refused to go out all day lol. I have over a foot around my house. :whine:

NJredfire03

Established Member
Lol congrats!! I cant believe the amount of snow were getting!! My dog has refused to go out all day lol. I have over a foot around my house. :whine:

Haha yeah my pitbull is tall enough, but my bulldog, hahaha, way too short. She walked right behind me in my footsteps. These parts won't be going on until next winter. I'm hoping to have my own garage to work in by then.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice op! Oh and my beagle doesn't deal with -30+ wind chills!

NJredfire03

Established Member
Nice op! Oh and my beagle doesn't deal with -30+ wind chills!

Thanks man. Opened up the packaging today as i moved the stuff into a storage unit. Unbelievably nice. I can't wait to do this work. It's totally going to help transform my car back to its greatness.

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
Thanks man. Opened up the packaging today as i moved the stuff into a storage unit. Unbelievably nice. I can't wait to do this work. It's totally going to help transform my car back to its greatness.

What mileage do you have on yours and what was the mileage and location of the donor parts car?

Any powder coating or photos before install?

SV

NJredfire03

Established Member
What mileage do you have on yours and what was the mileage and location of the donor parts car?

Any powder coating or photos before install?

SV

I have 32,XXX miles. Parts didn't come from a donor car. Came from a mustang salvage place down in Georgia. I opened up the packaging yesterday and i was blown away at the quality of the parts. You can tell that they're not BNIB parts, but they are in incredible shape. No corrosion or rust. Everything still has shine to it.

My car sat in south florida, outside for 4 years(long story). When I got the car back up here, it was outside in the winter elements, and still is. Thats where all the corrosion came from.

I'm not touching this project until i buy a house. Should be later this year. I don't want to replace stuff then have it sit outside under a car cover.

I have to decide if i want to powdercoat or not. I absolutely plan on documenting this project, start to finish with before and after shots. Next winter, early spring, might be a huge time for my car. Resurrection plus upgrading. We shall see.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome! Hope your goal to buy a house later this year comes true. That and a nice, big, well equipped garage. :)

NJredfire03

Established Member
Awesome! Hope your goal to buy a house later this year comes true. That and a nice, big, well equipped garage. :)

Thanks. Im a vet, so getting a home loan will be no problem. Told my fiance that I NEED a two car or oversized one car garage. If i cant pull an engine in it, i don't want it.

Users who are viewing this thread