Got scammed by rickrubin2....

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I got a tob sleeve from this bastard and never got it or a refund, not even a reply after he gave me his "family problem" excuse.

No big deal really, I think it was like $75 so it's not gonna keep me from eating but I would have liked to get what I payed for. I could have got my 5 month old daughter some clothes with that or something.

Not really a rant, just a warning I guess. I guess I should pm a mod about it right? I assume they will ban him, I don't know cause I've never been scammed. If you read this Rick, eff you!

Jay

oldmodman

Established Member
I can't believe that people will still try to rip people off for peanuts.
Especially on here, where they will be found out, exposed, and there real name and address will be posted and shown.

Wouldn't it be funny if his name actually is Rick Rubin.:lol1:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Yea poor bastard had to have that $75! Lol

Well I know he did live in Memphis I believe and said he was moving to Houston. I see on his trader rating that sonic saleen bought his car and he can't get ahold of him to get the title now. That's a shame!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sorry to hear that. Can you post the sale thread?

Maybe post any emails or texts you sent back and forth with him.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
its crazy, people only seem to want to sell items during a family crisis, right before someone dies, or somehow the sellers internet seems to breakdown right after a transaction and it prevents email communications. the cellular services seems to also suffer issues where the seller does not get texts and messages. someone needs to fix this because it makes good people look like scammers.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Yea see I messed up on my part because I was in a rush trying to hurry up and pay on my phone while I was at work and sent the money as a gift.... Whoops! I can't make a claim on that...

03DontMach

Established Member
hypu3eqy.jpg
here is is phone number

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would never use the Gift classification unless it was truly a gift. It's usually done to avoid having to pay PayPal a transaction fee, but sooner or later you can get bitten if you need to file a dispute but cannot because it was paid as a Gift. Not saying the OP did this purposely, only saying when real merchandise is involved it is not wise to classify it as a Gift.

OP, sorry this happened to you. It's never fun losing money. Hopefully the seller will ultimately do the right thing and try to work something out with you. Did he ever provide you a tracking number on the item sent?

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Yea like I said its basically my own fault because of the gift thing. Not wanting any sympathy U.M. But thanks.

I'm glad it was $75 and not $750. I lost and learned!

hitnrun

Established Member
Dang. That's rough. At least you didn't get a completely wrong Procharger kit from a member on here. The member still claimed it was the right one missing no parts too. Procharger begged to differ, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and decided to close my PayPal claim and make due with what he gave me (come to find out that was a bad choice and it was missing even MORE parts).

Disappointed in some members on here.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
03dontmach, you are the man! I tried to find his number and couldn't. I'm not too computer smart.....

I called and boom it was him! He says he don't remember but it was a long time ago so I understand. But! He says he'll send my money back. Who knows if he really will but he said he would.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
03dontmach, you are the man! I tried to find his number and couldn't. I'm not too computer smart.....

I called and boom it was him! He says he don't remember but it was a long time ago so I understand. But! He says he'll send my money back. Who knows if he really will but he said he would.

LOL...you have much to learn.

coposrv

Established Member
I never use the gift option with PayPal. It's just not worth the risk. I had a member on another forum screw around with me with a turbo. With just a phone number a forum user name and a rough location I found everything from his families address to his current job and even his social security number. Needless to say after I spoke with his father the turbo shipped. Some people man. It amazing what you can find out on the Webz and sellers still try to rip people off.

Users who are viewing this thread