got new tune today, numbers much lower than expected??

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
cams are degreed straight up, not forward any but correct yes. also it was in the 60's durring those temp readings, i forget exactly what they were but when its pure winter weather it get into the low 80's as well and after a pull will be very comparable to yours. i seriously doubt thats an issue its definitely the tune, now that i have no belt slip i cant even make a pull without the breaking up real bad before 5k. im getting it squared away next month and will post updates. thanks for any and all input!

racebronco2

Established Member
Sorry but you will not hit 550rwhp with your combo especially with the HEATON. Moreover, you set up is no holding 17psi of boost to the end, so something is amiss somewhere. Dyno numbers are just that, take it to the track and see what it does.

I dont see anything in you mods that demands the 550rwhp you are asking for, let alone 515rwhp.

My old eaton set-up hit 542rwhp with 98 cobra intake cams with a 2.80 upper pulley only. I'm not sure why people call it the Heaton when with the whipple my ait'2s are 20+ degres higher at wot.

So 550 seems possibly but what were your ait2 temps. On my car 15* increase in temps reduce power by about 10hp.

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
My old eaton set-up hit 542rwhp with 98 cobra intake cams with a 2.80 upper pulley only. I'm not sure why people call it the Heaton when with the whipple my ait'2s are 20+ degres higher at wot.

So 550 seems possibly but what were your ait2 temps. On my car 15* increase in temps reduce power by about 10hp.

IAT's arent terrible about the norm as with other dual pass HE's maybe a tad cooler. I have a nice one and today was about 60 degrees out and logged around 107ish after a hard pull through 3rd and cooled right down to around 95 after a few minutes. i had been driving for about a half hour and with my 4 core radiator i only heat up the engine to around 160-170 at most so it runs pretty cool. taking down to willy in a couple weeks we'll see what it does. i have a feeling the bugs are getting worked out, or i may have a surprise on the car when it gets there lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread