got my lift installed

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice stable of cars you have there. I especially like your 2009 Z06. Love the color. As far as your garage, that is one of the nicest I've seen. You'll get a lot of use out of that lift. :)

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
here's the garage when we first moved in, in march.

dsc00922gf.jpg

dsc00923u.jpg

dsc00932hr.jpg

dsc00907jf.jpg

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
this is from july, when i had finally gotten everything all cleaned up. the whole shop was painted, all the outlets redone, the floor is basically a 'factory-type' floor. i just need a bigger tv. the garage is about 36'X52'. there's a small office up front and a separate room in the back for a tractor/atv/etc. is plumbed for compressed air with an 80 gallon compressor in the back. the floor was professionally etched then painted with an epoxy warranteed for 10 years. 100k btu gas heater, several 220 outlets. all this, and i've largely cut way back on the car work/wood work that i do.

dsc01154yj.jpg

could probably fit a few more in

dsc01133br.jpg

dsc01169l.jpg

the trusty kegerator loaded and ready to go

dsc01159o.jpg

dsc01127lj.jpg

dsc01153yz.jpg

dsc01128o.jpg

dsc01131s.jpg

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Awesome everything!

Where did ya get that license plate frame on your Cobra ? It is freakin' awesome.

Common

Established Member
Your garage doesn't look like it belong to a doctor. It looks like it belongs to some gearhead shop owner. Also, for a doctor, you got too many tools in it as well...........LOL...

oldmodman

Established Member
My Bend Pak is an older 110v model that I have now had for 7 years. Always outside in the weather. The pump assembly is always covered. And I lubricate the cables and sheaves every three months. Still works perfectly. It just sets on the concrete pad in front of the garage and it isn't bolted down either.

70cuda

Established Member
I've got a 4 post, not a Bendpac but very similar design, I was worried about not bolting mine down too ( I have heated floors so boltin git down isn't really an option) but its been great so far, I trust my Viper on top and either the other viper or my cuda underneath, although at first it is an uneasy thought. The rep I bought mine from said in a earthquake you'd be better off without it bolted down as it would 'skate' a bit and relieve the stress, not sure if I buy that but worth thinking about

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Damn I remember when you posted your garage and when your wife surprised you with the Z on CF. Didn't even realize it was you. Not too shabby for a damn Blowhio State man lol.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
I have had mine for 3 years now and its never been bolted down. I even swapped the k-member over on it. I only put a car under it for storage in the winter. I mainly like it because the kids cant bump it with their bikes. My old house had a big detatched man town like yours and I miss it. Wife slid down the driveway one winter (on grade) and that was it. She had no interest in being there any more. We moved 2 miles away, spent 200k more and only got a 2 car lol. Had plans done up for my man town but.......Finished basement & inground pool have taken priority. Its on my to do list. The economy has slowed my cash flow unfortunetly but comming soon. I'm jealous.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
thanks for the comments guys. i talked with the installers, and they do quite a few residential lifts. half of the guys bolt them down, and half don't. this garage would be perfect if i did tons of car work--its completely insulated, warm as hell in the winter, and carpeted under the lift. the fact of the matter is i just don't have time to do tons of it, and can't afford to f' up my hands. i just need to upgrade the tv for football/xbox-live, and get a fresh keg of blue moon in the kegerator

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
and with 3 kids 3 years old and younger, this keeps all their stuff away from my cars/tools/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread